Are these Ben Q Monitors worth getting.

What is the deal with these Ben Q monitors

http://gaming.benq.com/

Are they worth it or is it better to spend money on a better graphics card.

I'm currently using a GeForce GTX 560 ti and a Samsung SyncMaster 2233 it has 20,0000:1 whatever and is 3d vision ready but I dont use that. But the speed thing I think is the big advantage with the Ben Q's.

I'm sure this will get moved to the General forum where it belongs.

But to answer your question, if you are playing Combat Mission the graphics card is what matters. You won't even notice a faster monitor. If you are playing first person shooters that is different. How much difference a new graphics card makes will depend on what new card you get, what game you are playing and on what settings.

I have a BenQ XL2410T. When playing console shooters online I can tell some difference. In Black Ops 2 I seem to win more head-to-head gunfights on my BenQ with 5.6ms input lag than I do on my 50" Panasonic plasma with 16ms input lag, which is about what your Samsung has.

input_lag_1.jpg

My only complaint about the BenQ is that is doesn't have a real backlight adjustment so the blacks always look slightly grey. Many people also complain that the presets on BenQ all look like crap and they are right. But if you

they are capable of a good picture, as long as you don't need really black blacks.

I don't know about BenQ, but I can say I play on a 37" HD TV by Vizio, and it is SUCH an awsome picture. The key for geting the best picture that beats my monitor is HDMI hook up, a high contrast ratio (the higher the better), and LED screen (brighter). Once you play on a big screen you don't want to go back. If you got the room get a HD projector and play on a wall size screen in HD!

1. Do research on TN vs IPS, or take my word for it and get IPS.

2. Look for 1920x1200, the aspect ratio looks better, provides more real estate to work with, or buy what most of the market place will typically shovel at you, which is 1920x1080 (just remember this ratio has nothing to do with it being better for you, it's simply better for the mfg because it's cheaper to cut glass up to that ratio)

3. LED lighting is just more marketing BS. Again, do research yourself, or take my word for it, up to you.

4. You will also see a lot of yammering on about 120hz being meaningful, it's not. This is just another marketing bullet to get you to buy LED TN displays.

So, what would I buy, again, if I needed a display, either this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260047, or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260020, depending on how hardcore you want to be about your color saturation vis a vis your budget.

Go for the aspect ration first and foremost - get a 1920x1200 monitor if possible - best size imo.

As for BenQ montiors - they are good monitors and had some really good models. I have a Samsung and its OK - I am very hapy with it :)

If I had to go for a monitor I would certainly go for a Samsung, Viewsonic or BenQ.

It really depends on what he's going to use if for. If he's looking at pure speed performance for shooters, fighting games, fast-paced RTSs (StarCraft, ect) then the BenQs are very good. Maybe not the very best, but one of the best. If he's playing stuff that does not require split second timing he would be better served looking at an IPS panel which are a little slower but have wider viewing angles and generally better picture quality (although to my eyes my BenQ actually looks as good or even a little better on some games than my Panasonic plasma TV).

But to answer your question, if you are playing Combat Mission the graphics card is what matters.

True. Also, the CPU matters a lot in CM. So, if you have some money to spend and want to make your CM experience better, spend it on graphics card and CPU upgrades. Interestingly, when I switched from a spinning platter drive to an SSD, it didn't make a big difference in CM's load times, though it did on almost everything else.