Campaing Tweaking Question

Artofwar

I'm running version 2.0 CMBN the Campain files are in *.cam .... so there is no way to edit them using the editor ??? The Scenarios in .btt format I think one can edit them ...how do we edit the campains ???

and then what if we download scenarios and or campains form the Repository can we edit those ???????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

Artofwar,

you could use the tool I created, see my signature for links to BFCs repository and GreenAsJades Mod website.

It will extract all individual battles from the campaigns and will tell you the settings for each battle (basically what the campaign script does, which a campaign writer has to create when the campaign is produced - see CMBNs manual for details). This would allow tweaking of single battles and, if you wanted and had some time, rebuilding of these changed scenarios in a new campaign.

V2.0 should have no impact on the tool, since I think no camaigns have been updated for V2.0 and the tool seems to function with scenarios created under V2.0.

Cheers,

Mike

Artofwar,

you could use the tool I created, see my signature for links to BFCs repository and GreenAsJades Mod website.

It will extract all individual battles from the campaigns and will tell you the settings for each battle (basically what the campaign script does, which a campaign writer has to create when the campaign is produced - see CMBNs manual for details). This would allow tweaking of single battles and, if you wanted and had some time, rebuilding of these changed scenarios in a new campaign.

V2.0 should have no impact on the tool, since I think no camaigns have been updated for V2.0 and the tool seems to function with scenarios created under V2.0.

Cheers,

Mike

Highly recommended! Mad Mike did a superlative job creating this mod.

Hey Mikey, I created a separate directory copied the campaign file into this directory and the two key files ... CMBN_Scen_Organiser_v0.22.jar and sorttable.js ... then everything popped up and I have all the *.btt files of each scenario .. ok so let me go off on a limb here I can just edit each scenario individually and then put all of those scenarios into a campaign and then I have an edited campaign right ????

Artofwar,

I just compiled my 1st campaign. It is not so hard. Tip: make a new folder in your scenarios folder. name it something like "Tweaked campaign X". In this folder you put your core units btt, all new scenario btts and your script txt file. Do all your changes in this. When you open scenario editor, click on scenarios and then click on this folder and then the btt within it you want to edit. Another tip maybe is to make a comment in the short description in the core unit btt so after a successful compile you go to campaign on the main menu of CMBN and click on your campaign and your comment will be there to let you know all is well. SInce you are just editing an exisiting campaign right? Or just rename the campaign. The mroe you mess with btt file names the more you need to rewrite the script file. Have fun. Hope this helped.