A couple of possible gameplay bugs

I've been playing a PBEM game, and in this game I've been observing a couple problems which have been driving me nuts. I'd rather not post this as I am in the middle of the PBEM and I'd rather not reveal more than necessary about my deployment. I have however let him know of these issues.

The game which we're playing is "Lemon Hill". I am defending as the Americans.

The 1st issue I'm running into is that my Howitzer refuses to fire. The howitzer is manned, it is deployed, it has ammo. It has been silent for perhaps 15 turns. It is under moderate suppression. Sometimes the men cower, sometimes they are spotting. There is only a 2 man team left, but it fired rounds with only 2 men.

The 2nd thing that's driving me crazy is that I've not been able to get line of sight with my MG's and other units. My initial deployment seemed to have the line of sight I was after, but the game has revealed this isn't true. I've moved these units around trying for better line of sight. The Target tool shows line of sight in the area I need prior to the move. As soon as I get there or get there and deploy the line of sight is gone. Part of this of course is that the MG tripod can be lower than the wall. However I see that the Italian HMG seems to have no trouble with this as they just shoot through the thick concrete wall. I do have line of sight trouble even if the wall doesn't appear to be the issue.

In real life wouldn't the MG tripod just deploy on the top of a wall?

Can anyone offer any help for my 1st issue and perhaps look into a solution for the 2nd issue?

2nd thing: if you plot a waypoint and then use the target command, it only shows you if there is anything intervening between the center of the white waypoint dot and the target you point to. It does not show you the actual LOS or LOF of your unit once it reaches the waypoint.

2nd thing: if you plot a waypoint and then use the target command, it only shows you if there is anything intervening between the center of the white waypoint dot and the target you point to. It does not show you the actual LOS or LOF of your unit once it reaches the waypoint.

Also there is the matter of the posture of the unit when the first (distant) check was made. If they were standing at that time, the LOS/LOF check will show that sure they can see and shoot over a low wall. But after they have moved to that point and deployed, their point of view is going to be a couple of feet lower. Ergo, no LOS/LOF over that same low wall.

Michael

Also there is the matter of the posture of the unit when the first (distant) check was made. If they were standing at that time, the LOS/LOF check will show that sure they can see and shoot over a low wall. But after they have moved to that point and deployed, their point of view is going to be a couple of feet lower. Ergo, no LOS/LOF over that same low wall.

Michael

What is aggravating is that sometimes a unit as in the above picture will fire through a 2 foot thick stone wall, and other times it won't fire at all.

To make this an even playing field either;

1) all low tripod MG's should be able to fire through low stone walls (assuming that they were placed on top of the low wall)

2) no tripod MG's should be able to fire through low concrete walls.

3) or preferrably; the MG's could be mounted on top of these walls.

In getting a lot of playing time into the game I'm seeing some quirks I didn't catch before that don't add up. In the above case I can fully understand being able to fire through a thin walled building such as a barn, but firing through a low thick wall should be all or nothing.

What is aggravating is that sometimes a unit as in the above picture will fire through a 2 foot thick stone wall, and other times it won't fire at all.

To make this an even playing field either;

1) all low tripod MG's should be able to fire through low stone walls (assuming that they were placed on top of the low wall)

2) no tripod MG's should be able to fire through low concrete walls.

3) or preferrably; the MG's could be mounted on top of these walls.

In getting a lot of playing time into the game I'm seeing some quirks I didn't catch before that don't add up. In the above case I can fully understand being able to fire through a thin walled building such as a barn, but firing through a low thick wall should be all or nothing.

Generally, if you give a face order across the obstacle, or approach the obstacle from a near perpendicular angle, these problems go away. At least in my experience.

Generally, if you give a face order across the obstacle, or approach the obstacle from a near perpendicular angle, these problems go away. At least in my experience.

Womble:Thank you for your observation. From your experience you see that your MG will fire through a short wall given the facing is correct. The facing I've struggled with is "near" perpendicular, yet the elevation is higher on my side of the wall. I wonder if that is throwing things off.

The biggest issue to me here is that that sometimes the bullets go through and some times you can't even spot a target.

I agree with Womble. I always give a face order before deploy order, and never have had trouble with walls or hedgerows.

I too give "Face" orders prior to "Deploy". This is given to the tail end of my waypoint(s). The tutorial established this order so I've stuck with it.

I'll have to try some experimentation. Perhaps I do need perpendicularity even with elevation.