Using 2nd MGs on armored HTs

crsutt

Is there a way to use them? For example I turned my gun HT around to use the 50 cal but then discovered that there is no target light button. What about HT with two MGs front and back. When and how is the rear MG used? Is is AI controlled and never under the control of the player?

I tried getting the M3 GMC to use its rear-facing .50 cal but couldn't.

I think the same goes for the rear-mounted .50 cal on the M10 TD in CMBN. If distant memory serves, M10 TD was having problems for awhile, the vehicle spotting infantry would try to rotate the turret 180 degrees from the enemy to bring the mg to bear. BAD idea. I think they disabled it to avoid turning-back-on-the-enemy problems. The same might go for late shermans with pintle mg mount too, though I haven't properly tested it.

Secondary and third mgs on regular HTs. I believe if you're unbuttoned and turned in such a way that they can bring the gun to bear they'll self-target with it.

Is there a way to use them? For example I turned my gun HT around to use the 50 cal but then discovered that there is no target light button. What about HT with two MGs front and back. When and how is the rear MG used? Is is AI controlled and never under the control of the player?

I found that if there were passengers, they would use the second MG. Otherwise, the organic crew will only fire one and even then the crew has to have two men.

Michael