Back after 10 years!! Meeting others online?

I'm new to BFN but did CMBO big time back in its heyday. PC battles were OK but going H2H is where its at for me. I used to participate in lots of tourneys and loved going online and jumping into QB's with other mates by swiping IP's. I forget exactly where this was but could it have been hosted by Battlefront itself? We're talking 10+ years ago.

Anyway, does a similar community exist today? The only suggestion listed imagine in these times there isn't an even better way to connect in real time vs.we did a decade ago (please tell me I'm right!).

I'd even be willing to run a tourney if someone can point me in the right direction.

Sorry I took the easy way out here and posted before searching. I'm going to delve into the forums now to see what I can unearth. Hopefully there is a thriving chat room somewhere that I can join!