Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

small spotting/spotter 2.0 weirdness

I have a scenario which has been created in 2.0. An enemy unit is spotted and when I click on it I can see which of my units can see the enemy. All normal so far (iron mode).

The weird thing now is, that not all the units that are supposed to be able to see the enemy actually can. They all can trace LOS to the spot where the enemy is but some just don't see him.

I don't remember seeing something like this pre 2.0. Has anyone else experienced this?

Savegame available.

I have a scenario which has been created in 2.0. An enemy unit is spotted and when I click on it I can see which of my units can see the enemy. All normal so far (iron mode).

The weird thing now is, that not all the units that are supposed to be able to see the enemy actually can. They all can trace LOS to the spot where the enemy is but some just don't see him.

I don't remember seeing something like this pre 2.0. Has anyone else experienced this?

Savegame available.

I don't think anything changed in this area for 2.0.

Just to be clear I don't mean that a unit should see an enemy just because the unit has LOS to the enemy position.

CM explicitly tells me that this unit has spotted the enemy (by lighting up the units icon when I click on the enemy) but apparently it has not.

In one game I'm playing a German anti tank gun shows some weird behaviour. When you give a gun/tank a covered arc command, it should turn the gun towards the middle of the arc. But this gun just won't turn the gun - it points to direction slightly outside the arc. As if it could see an enemy unit in that direction that is actually several hundred meters away, behind a ridge. So the gun crew acts as if they could the through the hill.

Just to be clear I don't mean that a unit should see an enemy just because the unit has LOS to the enemy position.

CM explicitly tells me that this unit has spotted the enemy (by lighting up the units icon when I click on the enemy) but apparently it has not.

I've seen this as well in 1.10. IIRC, it seemed that when a unit lost sight of an enemy unit there was a short time period afterwards during which clicking on the enemy unit would still cause the friendly unit icon to light up.