Tried the demo - bought immediately

Even though I have yet to scratch the surface of everything that CMBN has to offer, after playing one demo scenario I was hooked and purchased FI.

Happy to report that downloading and licensing on my MacBook Pro was a snap and it looks and runs beautifully.

Something more to divert me from studying like I should :-)

(I took early retirement and am going back to school - sometimes I think I should have left it at the early retirement - working harder than I have in years)

Anyway - thank to the Battlefront team for putting out yet another great game/simulation. I played many many hours of CMBO until I could no longer play it on newer Macs. Having Mac versions again is great!

Dave

PS - oh, yes, I just LOVE the 82d Abn shoulder patches. (as a former Cpt, 2/321st FA, 82d Abn Division, I may be just slightly biased :-) )

It runs really well on my 15" MacBook Pro. Great graphics and very smooth.

Just finished getting my $## handed to me in my first scenario - it's one of the demos - take the town center and church. I played non-turn based (continuous - whatever that's called :-) )

Took the church (sort of - ran out of time), but took way too many casualties trying to go building to building. Lost both my Stuarts (note to self - there is no where near as much concealment here as in Normandy :-) ). I did knock out 3 enemy armored cars, but lost twice as many soldiers.

End result - neither side achieved any victory conditions (I ran into the church at 10 sec over time). Minor tactical defeat for the US.

Dave

After upgrading to windows 8 and breaking my CMBN; first requiring reactivations that would not occur and now "displaying" invisible troops.

coupled with the superior performance of the demo on my dad's 13inch macbook pro and my new retina I think the windows CMFI I ordered and is on the way might have been a terrible error.

It really is smooth on the Mac's, loading screen does not have that overly long "hanging" at distinct loading percentages.

Comparing the demos, My macbook pro seems to run CMFI much better than my desk top.

Desktop (win OS)

I5 2500k 2.3

amd 5970 (2gigs)

Macbook (Mac Os)

I7 2.6

Nvidia 650 (1 gig)

Both have ssd's.

Long story short I think I made a grievous error buying CMFI for my windows machine.

I tried the CMFI demo (first on OSX then on Bootcamp with Win 7 32 bit). The demo on Win 7 with bootcamp didn't appear to use all the screen but that could have been my res settings. Played the demo - purchased it immediately but guys, where are the Can and UK units? Where are the plain vanilla Heer (were there any on Sicily?).