Stupid question: How do you make a QB?

You need to add Asslt, Attk, Meet or Probe to the custom map name, depending on the type of QB you want to fight, so if you want to fight a meeting engagement using the "Buying The Farm" scenario, you need to change the scenarios name to "Meet Buying The Farm", then add it to the QB maps folder.

I want to make QB's that I can play against the AI. At least as a start.

Adding Asslt, Attk, Meet or Probe to the namne does that trigger something to establish points you can spend and AI can spend? But then again I have heard that the AI picks some wacky stuff if let to its own devices. Shucks. Maybe I will reverse engineer a QB by opening an existing one in the editor.

Well, actually I have done that and saw some AI plans. Nothing too fancy only a few orders.

..more to follow....

I believe the 'Blue' (setup zone) side is always the attacker in QBs. If you want Axis to be the attacker you select them for the blue (attacker) during gameplay. So QB maps are either Blue side attacks (assaults, probes) or both sides attack in a Meeting Engagement. There's no rule that says the Red defender side has to be static but you run into problems trying to plan for any possible force type importing onto your map. In some ways straight-up scenarios are easier to make. You know what forces at what scale you're dealing with.

MikeyD,

Now that is what I'm talking about!

Some actual steps. Thanks.

Jeseminy! Is this step by step process written anywhere?

Yes, cut and dry scenarios are better in that regard.

I wonder if you can somehow reverse call in a campaign OOB for your AI opponent?

Hmm, maybe I am not phrasing that correctly. If you can set-up a campaign OOB and then make it for the AI side, the AI draws from it and it could be more realistic than crazy AI selections can often be.

This is a key reason to have % chance of arrival for AI reinforcements. You can have unknowns where a cut and dry scenario has excitement and x % probability that your AI opponent will get a tank.