Using 81mm Mortar Smoke Indirectly?

I am playing the germans and have a commander trying to call up an idirect fire mission from a nearby deployed 81mm mortar. I want them to drop their smoke rounds instead of their HE, but it seems I don't get the option when setting the fire mission parameters. Seems strange that the game won't let me do it. Am I missing something? FYI, I know I'm not misinterpreting the ammo count as there is plenty of HE and smoke rounds available to them.

-Mark

for some reason after I select the duration, it just skips the 'effect' option (defaults it right to 'general') then moves right on to the 'cancel or confirm' option. i don't get it... i *should* be able to select smoke for an indirect fire mission, right? or is the a another game bug that has gone unnoticed?

-mark

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. :P

Mistermark, it sure sounds like you are skipping over the smoke option, as that should be before "duration," not after.

Yep. I had to search for it the other day. It wasn't where I expected to find it and it was at the bottom of the page to boot. I must have skipped over it two or three times before it finally caught my eye.

Michael

Yep. I had to search for it the other day. It wasn't where I expected to find it and it was at the bottom of the page to boot. I must have skipped over it two or three times before it finally caught my eye.

Michael

LOL

I honestly thought, after playing countless games of CMx2 so far, that the only way to order smoke was by direct fire. :D

I never questioned it. I guess I missed the option once or twice, or maybe just ignored it - and I only keyed in on the direct fire option. The game just got easier for me.. ;)