How do you make a no camoflage template in Photoshop

Want to play around with an Opel Blitz in CMBN and a Fiat 626 from FI in solid colors and decals. How do you ditch the camouflage?

So many different ways. Try converting to gray scale. Then under Image /Adjustments / Replace colour Select one tone and drop it into another using discontiguous settings until the pattern is gone. Then convert to RGB and start painting from scratch.

Back your stuff up however you can! A good way would be to create a folder in dropbox and upload a folder of all your Adobe/PSP/Gimp templates...It's down right heart breaking to lose months and months of work. I've got most of my portrait templates uploaded to my email and dropbox/mediafire accounts as well as backed up on a second hard drive just to be extra safe...I have at least a hundred hours into them and would freak if I lost them.

Mord.

I stored my current work on desktop-because I'm lazy. And now I'm paying the price for my stupidity. I have extra hardrives attached-just didn't shove the work in them -2 weeks of new work on dusty recce vehicles *PUFF* like dust in the wind.

Mods and edits for other games I stored-latest work stuff....dumb dumb dumb.

Yeah, that sucks man. I've made that mistake a few times. Worst was not saving stuff as an Adobe file (with layers) and then having to start from scratch when there was a mistake.

Another good thing you can do is, like if you have your mod/mods in one folder is copy and paste it at the end of every session to another hard drive. I have about 10 copies of my portraits folder saved at various times.

Just remember from here on out...BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! And when your brain says "nah, I'll do it next time" LOL remember how painful this was.

Good luck, man!

Mord.

Just remember from here on out...BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! And when your brain says "nah, I'll do it next time" LOL remember how painful this was.

Good luck, man!

Mord.

Yes I Second that, I had a Bunch of German stuff I was going to roll out after Normandy 2.0 but lucky me my Hard disk crashed and I lost everything Mods (a lot), Brushes, Patterns, Reference Material, all gone.

Ole well sh-it happens…………….

For myself-Well I'll let you know-I'm sticking that old hard drive in the refurbished 'puter and going to do some attempts at recovery per some suggested freeware from GOOGLING.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm

Last time I tried this was on a WinME machine 5 years ago. I was able to do it with to demo recovery tools-but man it made the OS so unstable -blue screens left and right. Hope the new stuff is better. I ythink it was just the motherboard that croaked (cross fingers).

No all gone, my MBR (Master Boot Record) became corrupt or got hacked not sure which, It was a brand New Acer Laptop only 3 months old, anyway I did have some sweet looking Panthers but well not now. I may just go buy the Italy Game and start all over.

I do have some old stuff that was going to be made compatible with 2.0 here http://www.ezjax2.com/CM3/ anybody who wants have add it, there is however a limited band-with for downloads.

No all gone, my MBR (Master Boot Record) became corrupt or got hacked not sure which, It was a brand New Acer Laptop only 3 months old, anyway I did have some sweet looking Panthers but well not now. I may just go buy the Italy Game and start all over.

There is a way to recover data even if the MBR is corrupted, but those programs usually only recognize standard formats and it takes a lot of time, so you might not recover anything of worth if you're unlucky. Happened to me a couple times but most of my data survived. Now I got TWO external HDDs I can save my important stuff to.

Anyway, I still have your old completed Panthers (before you started reworking them - essentially those you showed in the pictures thread), but no templates. Would they be of any use to you?

I do have some old stuff that was going to be made compatible with 2.0 here

I'll save those to my machine immediately - if something happens, they'll still be safe with me with a VERY slim chance of becoming lost.

Well I usually back stuff up but since it was a brand new laptop I had a false since of security. The hard drive was replaced when it was sent in for repair, so it’s gone but since i had no real important stuff on it i did not feel like paying for a maybe can recover. That old stuff you have is way different than what I do now so I will just start over from fresh. Thanks for offer. Now what I could use if you still have a copy of that WX brush set I sent.

I downloaded the Italy Demo and the Stock Vehicle’s look great without any Mod’s so I’m guessing Normandy 2.0 will be just as good.

Thks

ez

That old stuff you have is way different than what I do now so I will just start over from fresh. Thanks for offer. Now what I could use if you still have a copy of that WX brush set I sent.

I still got the brushes - I just need to find out how to extract them from my PS directory again. ^^

My brushes are located in the follow location, yours may be the same or slightly different.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Presets\Brushes

If you still have that other file I sent sample Marder Wheels that would really help me get going again.

Only problem I see is how to get them from you, both files are big. I never emailed a file that big, system may break it apart, but try this address ezjax@ezjax2.com or however you think is best.

Thks

ez

Never used that service before so that’s something to consider. I am in no real hurry so whatever will work best for you.

I am not sure if you ever used the built in ftp in windows but it is possible to log in to an ftp server from your windows folder address bar as long as you are on line and have the ftp address, username, and password which I can provide. Once logged in you would only need to either drag and drop the file, or copy and paste the file to my web-site. Or use an ftp program. So up loading to my web-site would be another option.

thks

ez

Good news - I found BOTH the brushes file AND your Marder wheels template again! kept them in such a safe location even I couldn't find them anymore. :D

Anyway, here you go, just download them: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2l4a2jom2kkg5jo

That should work already. If not, I have another idea before we fiddle around with FTP access and whatnot.

Again thanks for hanging on to those files. Your a life saver.

I usually keep EVERYTHING important somewhere safe in case I need to do a complete wipe of my system. Just hadn't left it where I thought it was.

Now i just have to figure out how i did what i did as strange as that sounds.

You'll most likely do better this time around. As long as the 'new' stuff doesn't look too different from the 'old' stuff, everything's fine.

Which reminds me that I need to upload a bunch of CMFI StuG templates to the Repository...