Uninstalling elicence

i am trying to put sc ww1 on my work computer, but first i need to remove it from my desktop.

i cant find how i can deregister the elicence, there is no option under the programme list in all programs and if i install the game it just uninstalls without first removing the elicence.

any help would be appreciated.

Hi, can you explain this a little more??? i dont buy the pack of game+expansion because i dont like the elicense system (i have problems with other game that use it).

Then now what system is used in the game??? something like other games that use a simple serial with no limits or activations???

Thanks.

Hi

WWI doesn't use elicense. Instead, when you instal it, you type in the License Key you are given, and once you've done so, this licenses your computer to be able to play the game.

There is a lot more information on it in the Knowledgebase:

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=view&parentcategoryid=34&nav=0

Basically, with the new system you are allowed to activate your license 4 times (so that if you reformat the computer or buy a new one you can do so) and you can obtain a further activation every 365 days.

Bill

O, i see, this is the system that give me a lot of problems, after update game game ask for license key, i put it but doesnt work, waste all activations and need an extra one provided by Battlefront... and after this experience i mantein me far from this system, whe i security system give me problems i prefer pass.

Thanks for the reply but this is not for me.

A simple in-place software update of the OS shouldn't use up one of the new-style BFC licenses. If it goes you might want to report that as a bug.

Installing a new-style license BFC game on a work computer that might frequently get wiped is problematic, I'm facing the same problem.

Yes, that does sound a bit strange as the system used by WWI shouldn't need to be input again after installing a patch. It just needs to be input once on the computer and that's it.

You can even instal the game multiple times on the computer, as I have to do for all the testing I do.

Out of interest, which game did you have trouble with?

I had the problem in CM:N... i buy it and leave it for 2-3 months, when i try play it i see a patch, install it and start the problems... i really dislike games that give me problems with serials after play a good money for them... this is why i dont buy WW1 game, i like it and like even more all i can see in the expansion (the Lettow scens is like one scen you can find in the old mod for PG called Kaiser general) but pay a lot of money and need "luck" to dont have problems with protections system is :mad:

I really dislike abusive DRMs and activatiosn systems, i pay and dont like suffer problems with this.

Just to re-iterate/clarify, this new system only requires you to license the game once per computer. Uninstalling and reinstalling on the same computer can be done as many times as you like without requiring to relicense or to use up another activation.

Hopefully this helps,

Hubert

Just to re-iterate/clarify, this new system only requires you to license the game once per computer. Uninstalling and reinstalling on the same computer can be done as many times as you like without requiring to relicense or to use up another activation.

Hopefully this helps,

Hubert

Not if the OS on the computer gets reinstalled.

And at least on Mac there is a problem that OS updates invalidate the license.

Hi Redwolf,

This is correct.

If you re-install the OS then much like every other program on your computer it will have to be re-installed and re-licensed if it required a license key in the first place.

I can't speak for the Mac problem, never heard of it before to be honest, as Strategic Command is currently PC only.

Hubert

Diference is that compared with other games i dont have a limit in the relicenses i can use... i have infinite times, only need have a correct license number, nothing more unlike with BF system.

I have a problem one time with BF system and i need wait days to be able to play the game... what i can do if BF dissapear??? or if BF decide i am a bad pirate and doesnt want give me a new activation???

The limit in activations is a system that sucks and i am not the only that think the same and dont buy BF games thanks to it.

I can understand the concerns, and in fairness there are other games that are very intrusive and require a constant internet connection and so on.

I can see the pros and cons for any license system, i.e. a weak one that only requires a license number is unfortunately very easy, as you mentioned the phrase, to 'pirate', while the license number system for Breakthrough is more of a balanced approach between user concerns and piracy concerns.

Most people activate once and never even think about licence numbers again.

In that case it acts just like a simple license number system. In fact, if you ever have to uninstall and reinstall on the same computer (assuming you haven't changed the OS) you won't even have to license again.

We do this during Beta and anyone testing the game only has to license the very first time they install and not for subsequent installs or re-installs, this is very user friendly.

As far as additional activations, I've yet to hear of anyone not being accomodated by Battlefront in that case... and if Battlefront goes out of business I'll happily pass along unlicensed EXEs to anyone that requires them.

I hope this helps,

Hubert