Minor Infantry Tweaks Needed.

I have been playing CMFI almost everyday since August 1st and it is by far Battlefront's most polished release.I love the upgrade and cant wait to apply it to CMBN.

But I would like to see the following infantry tweaks:

Binocular tweak.

Binocular use when the enemy is up real close is sort of ridiculous.From a visual perspective its just silly because no soldier is going to scan with binoculars in an intense close-up firefight.And from a gameplay aspect its leading to actual kills because my men are looking through their binoculars and getting killed doing it, instead of holding their gun, firing and defending themselves.

Better situational awarness or the " better self preservation" tweak.

I've lost men to what I consider behavior that would not occur under fire.Careless behavior by soldiers like they dont care about dying should'nt happen.I dont think soldiers would randomly go upto the kneel position or stand position in close enemy range in the middle of combat.Its asking to be killed.I know I can give the hide order, but the instance in which you forget to give it , my men seem to forget the enemy is dangerous and shooting at them.Soldier instinct should be to always hug the ground wether or not you give the hide order.

I think the above issues are defenitley padding the casualty list and creating a higher count then would be normal.

Mg Tweak

Not always,sometimes when you give an mg unit a target order you will see every man firing except the mg.It will be facing a different dirction then the target line.It gets fixed by a face command.I think the unit should know to fix its on facing when you issue the target command.

Binocular use when the enemy is up real close is sort of ridiculous.From a visual perspective its just silly because no soldier is going to scan with binoculars in an intense close-up firefight.And from a gameplay aspect its leading to actual kills because my men are looking through their binoculars and getting killed doing it, instead of holding their gun, firing and defending themselves.

I don't know what the official word is on this, but I wouldn't take it for granted that the animation has the effects you are attributing to it. It may just be another abstraction.

Michael

I have been playing CMFI almost everyday since August 1st and it is by far Battlefront's most polished release.I love the upgrade and cant wait to apply it to CMBN.

Amen to this! Even though I have a far greater interest in in France, MG and the Bulge than I do Italy, Sicily, Crete and North Africa, I won't think of playing CMBN again until the game is upgraded.

Better situational awarness or the " better self preservation" tweak.

I've lost men to what I consider behavior that would not occur under fire.Careless behavior by soldiers like they dont care about dying should'nt happen.I dont think soldiers would randomly go upto the kneel position or stand position in close enemy range in the middle of combat.Its asking to be killed.I know I can give the hide order, but the instance in which you forget to give it , my men seem to forget the enemy is dangerous and shooting at them.Soldier instinct should be to always hug the ground wether or not you give the hide order.

Amen again... I watched my units with a "Hide" order and a covered arc stand up to fire at enemy infantry within the arc even though they spotted the bad guys while prone. If they can see enemy truppen lying down, there is no need to stand up and expose themselves to many more troops. But they did and they died. And, in the open terrain of CMFI, this is more of a problem than it was in CMBN where there were a few more trees to hide behind... not to mention the bocage.

Frustrating, yes... but it's still the best game out there!

no,it was done on purpose, it puts the topic at the top so everyone sees what I think are important points

again nice points about infantry tweaks,I couldnt agree more, keep up the good work weapon2010

:D Well it is more creative than posting "bump". Thanks for the smile. My father in law does the same thing. If he cooked dinner and no one has complimented him on his creation, he will do it himself out loud, at the table. Always makes me laugh - and remember to tell him I appreciate his work.