Dead Driver = crew unable to bail out?

Hi, I had a tank driver killed and was then unable to move the tank (which I can understand)

What I'm more unsure about is - I could not manually bail out the crew which seemed a bit odd to me. Is this normal? And is it similar for other crew members?

cheers

P.S This was in CMFI (sorry wrong forum but I assume it is similar)

weta_nz,

Welcome aboard!

I haven't run into that myself, for I have yet to have one of my tanks hit with a casualty resulting in which bailout didn't immediately occur. I am curious, though, whether your handle indicates where you work? If yes, at what, and should we envy you, hate you or pity you? I've seen what comes out of WETA, and the gamut runs from LOTR to the Halo Warthog--full sized and functional, save for the weaponry.

Regards,

John Kettler

haha yeah long time lurker - I didn't even know about weta workshop when I registered. Wish I did work there!!

Yeah the antitank team was eliminated soon after the tank was hit so maybe the tank crew felt secure enough to not bail. It did seem a little out of the ordinary - but I haven't played enough to no what is common or not. I was just wanting to know if you lose the driver does that mean you can no longer move the tank? This seems reasonable to me, however not been able to dis-mount might be a bug or programming oversight possibly?

... I was just wanting to know if you lose the driver does that mean you can no longer move the tank? This seems reasonable to me, however not been able to dis-mount might be a bug or programming oversight possibly?

Unless you've taken Wheel/Track damage ( all the way to red ), another crewmember should take over as driver.

The not-being-able-to-bail thing may be a bug. Tricky to test though :(