New computer and new aggrevations with Nortons

I have been trying to start up CMBN for the last 2 hrs with no luck. Nortons it seems is stopping it again. I have gone into Nortons and have found no files quarantined. I have excluded it from scans, I have excluded it from Auto-Protect, Sonar and Download intelligence detection. WTF!!!!!! This is a giant pain in the ass that I get to deal with when I try to install CMBNCW and CMFI if I can figure out CMBN. I have searched the forum and haven't found anything that has worked. If anybody can help me out it would be much appreciated. I am running windows 7 with norton 360. Thx

First thing I always do with any new computer that may have Norton installed is trash bin Norton and also any easy access IE icons. Firefox with Ad Blocker, Avast Anti-Virus (free version)... virus free for years and no problems installing programs. This is on two cpu's (Workstation and laptop) with Win7 and one older desktop with WinXP sp3 as OS's. I have never liked anything Norton.

Just my two cents.

Combat Mission is the only program I've installed that Norton has a problem with. That being said I appreciate the advice but I think I'm sticking with it. Anybody with advice other than deleting Norton please help me.

Uhm... eteled notroN?

Really, it is a terrible AV. Just about anything else is better, free or paid service. Having software conflicts is what Norton does best.

That you only have trouble with CMSF makes you the most satisfied Norton user in the history of mankind.

Yep. Same with me. I just went through this yesterday and this morning.

Well, at this point your only option is to uninstall Norton and then install CMBN. If it runs then you'll know it's definitely the virus software. At this point it sounds like you need to do a process of elimination. Norton would be the best place to start.

Mord.

• 4 weeks later...

skelley,

Sorry no one could help you here.

The fix for this is simple but certainly not obvious.

When you installed CMBN Norton thought one of the files was a virus.

You should be able to trace the file in question and restore it.

Click on your Norton Anti virus icon.

Click the Tasks Tab.

Click on the Security History Heading.

Search for the quarantined file that has Combat Mission in it.

Click to restore this file.

A lot of people with Norton are struggling with this install issue.

There should be an easy to find known issues Readme with the download or disk install, or a troubleshooting FAQ that deals with this specific issue, or Battlefront should settle this known issue with Norton.