Countdown to the demo!

I'm thinking bigger than a FPS platoon commander concept -- I'd like a game where you are Rommel and control the Afrika Korps in the first person. When you read anything about Rommel, he's always running and flying all over the desert to see things in person.

Yes!

a FPS wargame simulator - having soldiers plus other players playing in tanks ala Panzer Elite would be cool wouldn't it??? What about adding air support with flight sim mechanics? Now that is the future of gaming wink.gif Imagine an online server with up to 5000 players online - simualting a WW2 battle, with all arms involved! Each person playing from a FPS point of view, or tank sim view, or flight sim etc....and some people playing as the commanders, as in a traditional wargame sense wink.gif except in this case, battles are resolved by all players involved

We'd need some computer grunt, but I think that's the way to go in the future

CCj

I think Jane's is doing something like that (Minus the individual infantry character, I think) , but set with modern weapons/vehicles. Think the first in the line is thier upcoming game USAF. Supposedly you'll eventually log into the "War Server" using your Janes flight simulator, or heli sim, or tank sim, or sub sim, ect. and do battle in a real time war against other players... Sounds like a cool concept, and I'm sure that if it's successful, the concept could migrate to some sort of WWII setup... Now if they can actually pull it off.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Mikeydz (edited 10-11-99).]

Herr Oberst, having grown up in the Burgh, I cannot believe you left the "h" off of the name. It's the only city in the Commonwealth ending in "burg" that kept the "h". Thus Harrisburg, Gettysburg, Chambersburg and Pittsburgh. The "h" was thought to be a reminder of the British, so it was dropped after we dropped them. But Pittsburgh, always a thorn in Philadelphia's side, kept it.

Where did you grow up? From the description of cliffs above mills, I am picturing somewhere up the Mon -- Homestead? Turtle Creek? Just curious.

Pixman

------------------

Fact is the enemy of truth. - Don Quixote

I think that a WWII FPS would be great! , but I hope no onw would compromise realism.

Played WWII GI for awhile liked it alright graphic sux though although I played a NAM mod in it that really did kick some serious ass. Team Fortress II is supposed to be amazing though and I believe they have a few WWII senerios in it, even one where you paratroop in, and other guys can shoot up at you. Sounds to good to be true! Anyone ever hear what happened to MORTYR? Have the demo, it's really good.

SIGH...Give it up in an instance to play CM though...

Come on guys show me da demo!

------------------

Sgt. Rock Says " War is Hell, but games are fun "

Very difficult to play computer games while waiting for Combat Mission. Although I download every new game available, play a little and then delete them, it's just not the same anymore. A recent trip to Electronic Boutique left me empty handed.

NOW, I tend my reef tank more closely. The car is cleaner. I have even taken up drinking as of late. And actually went on a few benders (6+ drinks in a night - used to be 18 drinks when I was younger) for the first time in 18 months. I must say the drinking was enjoyable, but I am certain that it won't compare to Combat Mission.

You know drinking leads to smoking and smoking leads to trouble and trouble leads to girls. Booze/Beer, women, cigars, parties & trouble, Combat Mission save me. Rescue me from this bender.

Oops, Gotta go, Bears game - tailgate party = More beer, girls, cigars,trouble.......... Help!

Richard Kalajian

While I've been waiting I've mostly been passing the time with TOAW PBEMs. I did get to spend a weekend crawling around on tanks at various Canadian armor museums with some fellow armor buffs. The URL will take you to the AAR for the event.

http://www.netwave.ca/~whiskey/forum/2annualpics.html

------------------

If something cannot be fixed by hitting it or by swearing at it, it wasn't worth saving anyway.