What Units Can Occupy?

Pretty sure any single living soldier counts, even if he is broken, leaderless, exhausted, and out of ammo, one man counts the same as a battalion of infantry when it comes to occupy objectives. A rather rigid and less than ideal system IMO.

Agree, it would be nice if they could adjust that.

Ideally they should exclude vehicle crew and broken troops, also, I think perhaps disallow 2 or less soldiers ( thus excluding the possibility someone sneaks a scout element up to deny an objective ). IMO of course.

Ammo state would probably be hard to enforce - I don't think I've seen a normal soldier with absolutely nothing.

Ammo state would probably be hard to enforce - I don't think I've seen a normal soldier with absolutely nothing.

I have a lone Tank Hunter survivor who's out of ammo for his MP40 and the Shreck he ponced. He's used his Faust, grenades and Demo Charges (to good effect) and no matter how many teams I get him to Buddy Aid, he doesn't seem to pick up any 9mm :( He never had any 7.92mm, as neither team member had rifles to start with.

Hehe, I hear you Womble, he must have been very busy.

I've got a guy in a game who's the sole survivor of his squad. He's got an MP44 and 6 rounds for it left ( he does have 1 grenade I think ).

I'm not sure where the enemy are in the woods.

Guess who is going to find the enemy ;)

Yep, him and his bud nailed a Greyhound, then got unlucky when the other one of the brace of Armoured Cars survived two hits from an 88 with main gun and crew intact, and killed one of them before the smoke and chaos let m' main man crawl away. A Shreck up the jacksie (from another pltn) finished the M8 off, and Wittenburg spent a few minutes playing hide and go boom with a couple of squads, maybe a platoon's worth of incautious dogfaces, emptying his Schmeisser and using up his HE. I'm looking forward to seeing that team's kill score when we're done. Since then he's scaved a Shreck (the same one that saved his ass when that M8 wouldn't die), missed a long shot at a Sherman (with the sole bomb that came with the launcher) and buddy aided half a dozen guys, all well behind the line of the enemy's advance. He's due an MID and a medal, I reckon.

And he's just rescued an MG42 and some ammo from the latest Buddy Aid... The one man army's story isn't yet done.