Help with H2HH

Hello All:

I have used H2HH before with CMBN without problems. I just need some reminders how to install 1.6.2. for CMFI. I am using XP so the Games folder is under Documents and Settings.

When you launch 1.6.2, it prompts for 2 locations:

1. Installation directory - I believe this is the folder where the CMFI .exe file is located?

2. Drop Box Location - Is this the Games folder under Documents and Settings or is it the Dropbox folder under Documents and Settings\My Documents?

Thanks,

Gerry

Hello:

Still not working for me. Here is what I tried to set up:

1. Installation directory

D:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

2. Drop Box Location

D:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Dropbox

What am I doing wrong.

BTW, it couldn't find any CM application by itself, e.g. CMBN.

Thanks,

Gerry

Hello GaJ:

Thanks. But there is no CMFI tab. It cannot located my CMBN or CMFI installation.

When I try to Add an Install it asks me for those two folder locations above. If you can tell me what's wrong with the 2 entries above, I will be able to give it a go.

Thanks again and for the application.

Gerry

Ah - now I see what is staring us in the face.

You need to point the install to a directory that _contains_ GameFiles, not to the GameFiles directory itself.

I suspect that H2HH is trying to tell you this in the Log Window: it's probably saying something like

Checking install at: D:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files

Couldn't find the Incoming/Outgoing directories at: D:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Fortress Italy\Game Files\Game Files\Incoming Email

I know that's not the most obvious error message, but if you look closely you can see it's trying to tell you that its looking for Incoming Email inside Game Files inside the directory you pointed it to (which itself is Game Files).

Not saying you'd work this out for yourself, just telling you how I'd work it out if you sent me an error log file ;)

In summary: when you do "Add Install", the directory that you tell it is the Installation Directory must be the one that _contains_ the Game Files directory that CMxx created

Cheers,

GaJ