Horrified by 'Last Defence'

xian

I am appalled and at the same time transfixed by the brutal and visceral scene of bloody battle before my eyes...

It's the end of the excellent CMFI training campaign 'Last Defence' and I feel slightly sick by the devastation I've unleashed upon my AI opponent. What have BFC done? Do they realise that they have taken the genre of cold and detached strategy games and injected it with an intensity and brutality that brings the player closer to the horror of the WWII battlefield than ever before? I'm not sure that these strange new emotions sit all that comfortably with me?

I'm sure CMx1 wasn't like this!

CMFI is wonderful and genuinely disturbing.

That mission is a brutal one indeed. The 1st ID reinforcements show up none too soon.

SPOILERS!!!

(not much though ;) )

No doubt! I had maybe 20 paratroopers left when the reinforcements arrived... and my FO bought it while shifting the arty from the right side to the left. They'd have been overrun in a matter of minutes. I had one bazooka round left after the second scenario; the team popped up from behind the wall to nail one of the PzIII's inside the HQ compound.

I am appalled and at the same time transfixed by the brutal and visceral scene of bloody battle before my eyes...

It's the end of the excellent CMFI training campaign 'Last Defence' and I feel slightly sick by the devastation I've unleashed upon my AI opponent.

It could have been much worse if the Germans had waited for the final spotting rounds to fall on the base of attack... they raised the white flag just before the barrage began. Pansies! I was rather disappointed that I didn't get to finish them off. :D