German WWII Newsreels

sand digger,

Very impressive and crystal clear! PaK 40, 2 cm Flak, 2 cm Flakvierling, 17 cm K18, 21 cm howitzer, Nebelwerfer 30 cm, Panzerwerfer 42, the Alkett conversions on FCM chassis, 8.8 cm Flak 36, Sd. Kfz. 250 Neue, Sd. Kfz. 251 command vehicle, what looked like a 38 cm Bruno turret coastal defense mount and much more.

Regards,

John Kettler

at 0:52 in the video

Interestingly, the german MG42 light machine gunner appears to be able to expend 2 and a half belts (120-130 rounds) in a single prolonged burst, in a very much controlled manner! :eek: Yet remains to be seen in CM, the more for the tripod version which nothing but suck in the game. :rolleyes:

I noticed that too. However, it's a PR scene, so could have been an "elite" shooter, or faked in some way(?).

I can't believe that BF's research would have been that wrong.

No fake actually, rather a skilled (or strong?) gunner showing for the PR camera guy. :eek: Normally the short, repeated burst method was applied, but could also be the shown gunner blazed away into unseen emptiness, or applies AA fire. Who knows...:D

BF´s research ain´t wrong, but the short burst method applied for the tripod MG42 is for sure. I consider it limitation, for the probable game engines current incapability, to track long bursts in continuous manner.

I noticed that too. However, it's a PR scene, so could have been an "elite" shooter, or faked in some way(?).

I can't believe that BF's research would have been that wrong.

There could be any number of reasons to shoot like that. If you see some light cover you suspect of harbouring enemy, hosing it down from a blind angle will rattle them or better; you don't need to do that with total precision.

It may even be suppressive fire, spraying that all over the place may work even better than a set of precise bursts on a certain pinpoint target.

But given the steady camera and the relaxed demeanor of the shooter, I suspect running a test belt through a MG that has just been repaired, a bit behind the lines.