Commonwealth weapons mod??

May I enquire whether there is in the pipeline any Commonwealth weapons upgrade similar to the excellent earlier upgrade of German and U.S weapons by Rambler.

Whenever I fight a battle with Commonwealth units I am struck by the real need for a similar weapons upgrade to enhance the visual experience and battle immersiveness.

Anything on the horizon please ?

Rambler, our resident small arms texture guy, started on these way back when, but I suspect Real Life may have interceded in the meantime (original thread). I hope he is able to finish as his work injects additional life into the infantry combat just as Fuser's efforts invigorate the armor engagements.

From what I can tell, the Webly, Sten(s) and Vickers HMG still need his sweet, ever lovin' touch. C'mon Rambler stop acting like a responsible, well-balanced adult and feed the insidious beast that is your inner wargame nerd!

:) Yes, I'm still working on them. The project has turned into much more than just the CW stuff. I'm going back and overhauling everything I did previously, as well as adding some stuff in I didn't do the last go around. Progress is slow due to being busy with real life stuff, and I tend to mod in small chunks of time here and there. It prevents burn out that way. It's also summer, and I live 45 minutes from the beach ;).

These will be released, don't worry.

Thanks very much Rambler---great news but do remember the sun and the beach are bad for your health --much better for you enjoying yourself indoors with weapon upgrades---you know it makes sense.

On a more serious note---is there any way you could issue the Commonwealth "chunk" first before all the other refinements are necessarily completed as the rest is already very very good whilst the CW area is really desperately in need of upgrade-----and also some of us more ancient CW officiendos are already living on borrowed time .........

Cheers and thanks

On a more serious note---is there any way you could issue the Commonwealth "chunk" first before all the other refinements are necessarily completed as the rest is already very very good whilst the CW area is really desperately in need of upgrade

+1! That would be the most rational way but artists are not made that way. :o

No--I am sure that artists are the most rational,fair-minded and in all ways the most admirable and delightful of people----and I feel confident these qualities will soon become evident for all CW lovers to see and be eternally grateful for..................................................

Lord almighty, and here I was worried that the ghost of Sam Houston had disposed of him in a bayou.

...is there any way you could issue the Commonwealth "chunk" first before all the other refinements are necessarily completed as the rest is already very very good whilst the CW area is really desperately in need of upgrade

This would be great if possible - perhaps there might be US, German and Commonwealth "packs" so as to break up the overall workload. You know, I'm trying to help here - it's not that I selfishly want those slick weapon textures on my hard drive ASAP.

I'll add my thanks as well. Rambler, you put out some great stuff and your time is most definitely appreciated!

It prevents burn out that way. It's also summer, and I live 45 minutes from the beach ;).

What, you don't bring your notebook computer to the beach with you to work on your mods? :rolleyes:

Having said that I do have a friend I play PBEM games with who has been known to bring his computer camping and I sometimes get turns from him. Crazy guy!

I gave Sam Houston's ghost the slip, but the gators almost got me ;).

I thought about how I wanted to release them awhile ago, and decided to release them all at once. I decided on this route because I wanted anyone who downloaded it to get everything in one go, instead of having to go around and find different packs. Think of it as a weapons pack for the CMBN family of games. Sorry to disappoint, but I think it will be worth it in the end!