towing guns

Hi

I recently got CMBN and I have been playing for a while.I got an AT gun in a battle and a half-track (along with three tanks) and I tried to tow the canon with it but it didn't work though the vehicle has a hook.How can I do it?,can half-tracks tow guns or only trucks can do it?.

Another question is about the available time for battles.Can it be extended in any way?,is there any option or you have to do it with the given time?

Hi

I recently got CMBN and I have been playing for a while.I got an AT gun in a battle and a half-track (along with three tanks) and I tried to tow the canon with it but it didn't work though the vehicle has a hook.How can I do it?,can half-tracks tow guns or only trucks can do it?.

Another question is about the available time for battles.Can it be extended in any way?,is there any option or you have to do it with the given time?

What gun is it? Some guns are too big to be towed. And the HT needs to have enough space to take the crew of the ATG on board.

Hi

IME, anything trucks can do, halftracks can do better :)

The towing vehicle has to have room for the crew of the gun. Then you just order the gun to "board" the prime mover, as if they were an infantry squad/team. In setup, this will be instant, however widely separated the two elements, but in gametime, the gun will have to pack up (if it was deployed) then move towards its tow.

The only way to extend the time available is to use the scenario editor before you kick off. Couple of issues with that though:

• The time limit is part of the challenge. If you've got to clear a congested map quickly, the designer will have given you more troops, which will make "taking it slow" trivially easy. Don't expect to win every game vs the AI first time for a while; you have to learn, and you can learn more when you're on a short timetable than when you've got an eternity to amass your forces and call artillery etc.
  • When you're playing against the AI, its actions are dictated by an AI plan, which has to run according to a timetable. The designer will have built this timetable of actions around the player's expected performance/progress, and if you deviate from this too far, the AI's performance will be subpar, even for the AI. In the worst case, if you're dead slow, you might find a succession of empty enemy positions as you sluggishly advance, and the AI's timed withdrawals take them away before you've even made contact, leaving you with just the 'final positions' to mop up when you eventually reach the objective.

Hi!

Greetings from Spain

Thanks for the help,specially to womble.I tried that you told me and it works.Takes a bit to get a gun towed but it's one of that details that I love in a game.I'm looking for realism not a brainless shooting and watching espectacular explosions all over.I used to play with Theatre of War,a great game that I enjoyed a lot but CMBN is another league.