Buying at Gamersgate vs Battlefront?

Just curious, is there any real difference between buying this game from Gamersgate vs Battlefront? Is the DRM the same? Is the license code an actual Battefront code? Are released patches usable on Gamersgate? etc.

I mostly prefer to use Gamersgate since that is where I have bought most of my games, but want to make sure there are no limitations.

Thanks!

I'd stick with buying from BFC for any of their games. In the past other companies haven't kept up with the patching process or it would take longer to get the patch because their particular version was slightly different. Plus buying directly from BFC insures they get 100% of the money and helps insure future games are made. But considering A-stan support is done as far as I know, you'd probably be OK to get a Gamersgate version.

Mord.

Thanks for the info and I completely understand the strong desire to support the developers. Still might be the way I go if I decide to purchase. However, still wondering if the patches, DRM, licensing, etc. is the same between the versions. I am thinking the patching process might be the same since generally a digital game, but could be wrong. I certainly don't want to be in a position of a new patch coming out and not being able to use it:(

I am not sure about Afghanistan, but with Shock Force Gamersgate had its own patches that were not compatible with BFC's patches. I am also fairly certain the DRM is different. If you go to Gamersgate and you can tell that their version is patched up to the same level as the latest one offered by BFC, though, you should be fine, as no future patches are planned for CM:A.

What Field Marshal Blucher said is correct, as far as I know.

GamersGate uses a different DRM and different patches. However there do not appear to be any patches on the horizon for CM:A, therefore so as long as the GamersGate version is 1.03, then you should be fine. Unfortunately GamersGate doesn't publish the current version information for each game on their website. I believe you have to have an account in order to see the downloads for each game (which may be limited to what you have purchased).

It's possible, but I don't know for sure, that GamersGate may have started offering CM:A AFTER the 1.03 patch was released (August 2011).