I found a (the?) problem with the 1.05 patch installer

I am not sure if it the THE problem that has been mentioned in various threads... but I was trying to apply the 1.05 patch on my original installation and I found a big problem with the auto installer.

This is what happens:

You tell the installer to install to this directory:

c:\Program File (x86)\Battlefront\Strategic Command WW1 The Great War 1914-1918

BUT when you press 'next', the installer doubles up on the last directory without informing you:

c:\Program File (x86)\Battlefront\Strategic Command WW1 The Great War 1914-1918\Strategic Command WW1 The Great War 1914-1918

which screws everything up by sending the files to a newly created subdirectory within your original destination folder, with the same name as the destination folder. I missed this the first time around. So I erased the extra directory and reinstalled the patch, making sure to delete the extra folder designation that the installer stubbornly wishes to tack on to the end before continuing on with the patch install.

I did not encounter the same problem with the other patches.

Very odd as the scripts for this installer haven't changed over the v1.04 patch installer or any of the other previous installers in fact.

We also tested this installer prior to release with our Beta team and this issue never came up... which makes me wonder if perhaps the installer you downloaded was slightly corrupted as I've just retested on my end and it installs as expected.

Can you tell me where you downloaded the patch from, i.e. for example from the Patches Scrolls, Atomic Gamer etc.?

I can then try and download from the applicable site and see if it then occurs in error on my end as well to try and narrow this down.

Hubert,

I've downloaded all the of the patches from Atomic Gamer.

Drew

Very odd as the scripts for this installer haven't changed over the v1.04 patch installer or any of the other previous installers in fact.

We also tested this installer prior to release with our Beta team and this issue never came up... which makes me wonder if perhaps the installer you downloaded was slightly corrupted as I've just retested on my end and it installs as expected.

Can you tell me where you downloaded the patch from, i.e. for example from the Patches Scrolls, Atomic Gamer etc.?

I can then try and download from the applicable site and see if it then occurs in error on my end as well to try and narrow this down.

This is an ongoing issue with the patches. After the patch is installed you have to copy all the files from the newly created directory (which is inside the directory being upgraded) and then paste them into the old directory (the one that has the new directory created in it). After doing this the game will run fine.

This has been going on for along time now. I have all the SC series and I can't remember it not happening.

Also, if anyone else has seen this with the installer let me know as I am curious if this is what has happened with Ivanov and/or Blitzkrieg as well.

Hubert

Yes, this is what happened to me. I downloaded it from Atomic Gamer.

I had 2 folder as well, and seems to be the installer does not offered the latest v104 folder automatically but copied the files to the default folder (which were empty). I run once again the installer and selected the right directory then it worked...

(I downloaded the patch from gamershell)