Can't launch the 1.05

I have downloaded the new patch, but when the install process is over, I got a message:

failed to load library

"zlib1.dll"

Same message pops-up when I want to launch the game. I have downloaded the patch few times and I always have the same problem. Any help?

Thanks

Hi Blitzkrieg_49, sorry to hear about the trouble and can you be a bit more specific?

For example, did you still have the base game installed before you installed the patch?

What launch mechanisms are you missing, is it the desktop shortcut? Are the game EXEs not in their installation folders?

Ok nevermind - I have copied all the missing files from the 1.04 folder. Hope it will work smoothly. The changes look really exciting!

Glad to see you got it working and I wonder if perhaps your anti-virus stripped this file as I just ran a test of installing v1.05 overtop of v1.04 and it worked as expected, i.e. all files are included right where they should be.

Either way, seems like a minor hiccup and as long as the game is up and running that is a good thing :)

Where do I find the missing files, I no longer have 1.04.

I suspect this issue is different from the one that Ivanov was having and the only thing I can think of is that the base game was no longer installed before you installed v1.05 as that seems to be the only reason that v1.05 is not showing up as expected.

Forgive me if I am incorrect here but can you confirm that the base game was installed before you installed the v1.05 patch?

I only suggest this as a possibility as the v1.05 patch does not include the full game and only updates the base game and would therefore also not create desktop shortcuts to the game etc., as those would already be there if the base game is already installed.

I hope this helps,

Hubert

Well, I had the original game installed, but after running the 1.05 exe, no shortcut was created and the 1.05 folder was missing many fies, that I had to copy form 1.04. I never had this problem with previous patches - after running the exe the shortcut was always created.

I'm so anoyed with this company: getting their patches is a real pain. Then inevitably Norton360 does not like it: after the hassle of getting 1.4 running, and now getting some more errors for 1.5, I don't even want to try anymore, I'm so ditching this companies games. Considering the support and ease of how many other game companies can support their players, this batch is just not keeping up with the times. Cheers - I'm sure another wargaming company will take up the slack.

Well, I had the original game installed, but after running the 1.05 exe, no shortcut was created and the 1.05 folder was missing many fies, that I had to copy form 1.04. I never had this problem with previous patches - after running the exe the shortcut was always created.

Hi Ivanov,

When you refer to running the v1.05 exe, do you mean the patch installer for v1.05?

What you report is a bit confusing for me and I was hoping that you can help me out to clarify.

For example, I just looked at the v1.04 installer and this installer also does not create EXE shortcuts for the same reason that the v1.05 installer does not create the shortcuts, i.e. they are already there from the installation of the base v1.00 game originally downloaded or installed from a CD.

As for the missing files, I'm not really sure what that could be either as the files you reported are not included in the patch installer either as those too are already installed with the base game.

Do you perhaps have multiple installations? For example, one that was installed via the installer and one that was copied and pasted to a new folder.

If this is the case then some of what you described is possible as the patch installer will only install to the original base game folder or the default game folder if it has already been removed etc.

I only ask these questions as what you've described sounds unique other than what Blitzkrieg has described which sounds similar yet somewhat different.

Additionally can you try installing the base game from scratch and then the v1.05 patch and let me know if it works as expected?

Hubert

I'm so anoyed with this company: getting their patches is a real pain. Then inevitably Norton360 does not like it: after the hassle of getting 1.4 running, and now getting some more errors for 1.5, I don't even want to try anymore, I'm so ditching this companies games. Considering the support and ease of how many other game companies can support their players, this batch is just not keeping up with the times. Cheers - I'm sure another wargaming company will take up the slack.

Hi Thomas,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and can you be a bit more specific with the errors you are encountering? For example, are they Norton360 related similar to the issue you had with the v1.04 patch?

Hubert

Do you perhaps have multiple installations? For example, one that was installed via the installer and one that was copied and pasted to a new folder.

Hi Hubert,

Thank you for your feedback. It could be the case - I just don't remeber what I did with the game in the past - it could be that it was installed and updated it few times previously.

Anyway my problem is solved now and the 1.05 works perfectly.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...