Devils Descent

Yeah.....I am major late to the party I know. Thats just me.

I started Devils Descent today and wooooooooowwwwww! I have never cared so much for my girls as I do in this campaign. Butcher (SP?) .....hats off to you sir. What a great way to enjoy the game. I am being VERY careful because I want to keep my forces alive but I have to balance that with getting the mission done. On the first mission with the farm I had 2 wounded and 1 killed (Elite level). Good men. I don't think I have ever controlled a "crack" unit and I love the fortitude they display.

Choices...the soft, gooey center of your campaign. We are Troopers! Fight! No waiting for more troops! I am now trying to clear the town on mission 3 (mission 2 was the choice) and it is TENSE!

Question: If I play this campaign again, are there multiple plans for each battle? I know I can make different choices on which battle but will the battles themselves have different plan? The first battle, the farm. Always the same or you never know?

I am going to go and play your other campaign (the German one) after this.

GREAT JOB!

There are generally multiple AI plans for all missions in CMBN, I couldn't say for sure about Devil's Descent though. I would think it would be easy to make variations since there are so few units involved, but at the same time the differences might be slight because the terrain is restricted by the small size of the maps.

Yeah.....I am major late to the party I know. Thats just me.

I started Devils Descent today and wooooooooowwwwww! I have never cared so much for my girls as I do in this campaign. Butcher (SP?) .....hats off to you sir. What a great way to enjoy the game. I am being VERY careful because I want to keep my forces alive but I have to balance that with getting the mission done. On the first mission with the farm I had 2 wounded and 1 killed (Elite level). Good men. I don't think I have ever controlled a "crack" unit and I love the fortitude they display.

Choices...the soft, gooey center of your campaign. We are Troopers! Fight! No waiting for more troops! I am now trying to clear the town on mission 3 (mission 2 was the choice) and it is TENSE!

Question: If I play this campaign again, are there multiple plans for each battle? I know I can make different choices on which battle but will the battles themselves have different plan? The first battle, the farm. Always the same or you never know?

I am going to go and play your other campaign (the German one) after this.

GREAT JOB!

Thanks a lot! :) I put a lot into this campaign and it's rewarding to see that others enjoyed it as much as I did.

There are different AI plans. The differences are fairly subtle on most missions, though.

-FMB

Thanks a lot! :) I put a lot into this campaign and it's rewarding to see that others enjoyed it as much as I did.

There are different AI plans. The differences are fairly subtle on most missions, though.

-FMB

And while you're on the surface, I'd just like to congratulate you on Die Letzte Hoffnung as well. I'm coming "Down from the Hills" at the moment, and have enjoyed the campaign very much to date.

And while you're on the surface, I'd just like to congratulate you on Die Letzte Hoffnung as well. I'm coming "Down from the Hills" at the moment, and have enjoyed the campaign very much to date.

Thanks! I'm really glad you enjoyed it! :)

And yes, between RL work and testing, I do surface fairly rarely these days . . . :D

I love campaings with small unit sizes. I have difficulties to play with Battalion sized forces, mostly because I don't feel like I have time to sort each and every unit. That's why I welcome campaigns that are company/platoon sized where you feel like you are being part of the battle. As mentioned you really care about each soldiers and a tank becomes really an important asset worth protecting.

When the map is clogged with massive amount of units I just stop caring in the same way. You push and don't really care. It becomes more like an operational game with bad frame rates ;)

Got to agree.Company size battles suit me fine.When i bought CW and loaded up a few scenarios for a butchers.I was like,hey impressive but way to big for my tastes.Everyone to their own though.Doesn't help that my Com is two days older than Christ and the load times were a tad long for a few of the scenarios.Like i say impressive stuff though ;)