Please mod out the tank rocking when fires.

There is a very small window where the "wild" shots happen and match up visually. All I know is that it can happen, BFC would have to come in to explain it in detail. These shots are definitely more off target than your average missed shot, but the visual isn't 1:1 as far as I can tell. I'm not really that worried about it, but if someone really wanted to study it, they would have to capture a few examples in WeGo replays, but I don't have that kind of free time :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah? Oh yeah!

Font size, hombre.

:)

Actually it is an option

User CP

Options

Thread Display Mode:

Number of Posts to Show Per PageUse this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page

And you can chose between 5,10, 20, or 40 AFAIR

too wildly inaccurate because the rocking animation is (believed to be) too exaggerated.

There's two things that need to be to shown here:

1) the rocking animation is highly exaggerated, and

2) that exaggeration contributes to wild inaccuracy

I think assertion 1) has been proven by reference to the numerous videos showing minimal rocking when firing for tanks apart from the Shermans when over-gunned with HV weapons. And even in that case it is less than game.

And by the same video sources that rocking when halting is also exaggerated.

Whilst checking movement and dipping, and firing Badgers Dog remark on HV and firing made me look at the respective rates of fire of the Shermans and both 75mm and the HV guns are firing at the same rate of approximately 6 rounds per minute. As I understand it the HV armed tanks because of room and relaying the gun fired at roughly half the rate of the 75mm armed Shermans. Now I was using HE in the test at 400 metres and have no idea if there is a special logarithm for AP and or rate of fire/range of fire but my gut instinct is not. In CMx1 this had the effect of making HV armed Sherman far more potent than in reality. This was aggravated by the tactical AI being stupid and shooting closer vanilla 75mm Shermans rather than the dangerous HV gun armed tanks.

**PS.

As someone posted here part of the "cure" might be not to view the action from anything other than a longer range. There is a strong element of truth to that but then when so much has gone into the graphical side so you can enjoy it close too it seems weird not to look closely.

Sorry, help me out here. It was claimed that the Tiger, during a test, could not spot a target because the pixel commander was seated the wrong way but, now we are being told, the gun of that tank fires a projectile which does not correspond to where the barrel is pointing, at the time of firing?

It was claimed that the Tiger, during a test, could not spot a target because the pixel commander was seated the wrong way but, now we are being told, the gun of that tank fires a projectile which does not correspond to where the barrel is pointing, at the time of firing?

OK, that does it. Administrator, lock this thread or this kitty gets it:

29493812.jpg

;)

Sorry, help me out here. It was claimed that the Tiger, during a test, could not spot a target because the pixel commander was seated the wrong way but, now we are being told, the gun of that tank fires a projectile which does not correspond to where the barrel is pointing, at the time of firing?

Isn't gun elevation abstracted?