New file at the Repository: Waffen-SS Erbsentarn Camo Uniform and 2 Single Decal SS H

Yes it's great but I'm not sure how far I'm supposed to go aka how colourful were Germans historically? Which German branch (Heer, Luftwaffe, SS) had the biggest variety of uniform and helmet patterns and which was the least colourful? Were all branches very colourful?

Special thanx to the creator of the helmets from me to!

Yes it's great but I'm not sure how far I'm supposed to go aka how colourful were Germans historically? Which German branch (Heer, Luftwaffe, SS) had the biggest variety of uniform and helmet patterns and which was the least colourful? Were all branches very colourful?

Special thanx to the creator of the helmets from me to!

Well the Heer used "Heeres-Splittermuster 31" and the Luftwaffe Field units, Fallschirmjager used Luftwaffe-Splittermuster 41".

The Waffen SS used a variety of smocks in the early days, that included

Platanenmuster which was very common as well as Rauchtarnmuster.

Other types from 1941 included Palmenmuster, "Oak Leaf B Beringtes Eichenlaubmuster, and Oak Leaf A Eichenlaubmuster"

All of the above had reversable patterns of either Autumn or Spring....

Finally Erbsenmuster or Dot 44 Pattern which was to be the Battledress Uniform of the Waffen SS.

The only Units I know of Historically to use the Italian Camo in mass was the 12th SS HJ and the 1st SS LAH since they did disarm the Italians in 1943. Here is a decent website to check out pictures of the Italian camo and brief History. http://www.dererstezug.com/italiancamo.htm

Check out Atthefront.com or 1944Militaria.com I believe. There are some good books to on the subject.