Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Commonwealth for Mac good now or wait?

I am running CM Battle for Normandy right now v1.01 on iMac and a Macbook Pro and I am looking towards adding the CW module.

Is CW full of headaches insofar as Mac goes and should I wait a few months for patch up?

I have seen on this forum (permission problems, graphic problems,unplayability, etc.)

I went through the activation hell for about 2 weeks when I originally purchased CMBN until whomever was responsible finally came back from being AWOL ;)and reset me. I do not wish to spend my money and have a similar problem. Hence my screen name :)

Or are the headaches minimal and rare?

I have downloaded the patch 1.10 but have NOT installed it due to what I perceive as having the same issues on a Mac?

Insight would be nice if possible.

Thanks in advance and my apologies if this concern is addressed somewhere else as I have failed to locate it. (Smart like horse, hung like Einstein) :P

Cheers,

Tim

I am running an iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro card and I am having enough problems for me to have to go back to version 1.0.1. I do think that I am in the minority though - most Mac players only experience minor issues, such as: flickering floating icons, darkened shadows, the occasional crash.

Here you can compare what I see see:

Version 1.0.1

Large%20QB1.01.jpg

but here is the 1.10 CW version:

Large%20QB%201.10.jpg

But as I say, I think that it is only myself and a few others experiencing this issue.

I downloaded CW about 10 days ago, having not picked up CMBN for several months for a variety of non-game-related reasons.

I've had no problems with it at all on my iMac, and must have put it an average of two to three hours per day on it since I bought it.

I hadn't realised there'd been lots of Mac issues so don't know whether I'm an outlier, but I haven't regretted it at all.

I am running an iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro card and I am having enough problems for me to have to go back to version 1.0.1. I do think that I am in the minority though - most Mac players only experience minor issues, such as: flickering floating icons, darkened shadows, the occasional crash.

Here you can compare what I see see:

Version 1.0.1

Large%20QB1.01.jpg

but here is the 1.10 CW version:

Large%20QB%201.10.jpg

But as I say, I think that it is only myself and a few others experiencing this issue.

What's supposed to be wrong with that?

xian's bug is just that - a bug. It'll be fixed in the next patch. It's not a systemic issue with the Mac version, nor is it something everyone is seeing or severely affected by.

There have not been lots of issues with the Mac version. Compared to 1.00 or 1.01, 1.10 has gone very well. And by any other reasonable measure, the Mac version of CMBN as a whole has had very few major problems. Most of the issues we've run into have been due to permissions, a majority of which are out of our control to prevent but most of which we've been able to resolve after the fact.

General Lee... I'm sorry you had a license issue that took time to garner a response. Most people with issues receive responses (and with Mac issues, very often directly from me) and help fairly quickly. Sometimes we are swamped with issues and it can take time to get to all of them, unfortunately.

I'm sure the update to 1.10 will go smoothly for you. The graphical issues I'm experiencing are very rare indeed, and as Phil says, they will be fixed by the next patch.

(and if you do have the same problem it might not even bother you, or perhaps even notice).

I'm sure the update to 1.10 will go smoothly for you. The graphical issues I'm experiencing are very rare indeed, and as Phil says, they will be fixed by the next patch.

(and if you do have the same problem it might not even bother you, or perhaps even notice).

CW purchased installed and running great. I hope your problems are resolved soon.

Cheers