collapsed buildings

If you Ctrl+alt+leftclick through until you have the rubble on all four walls, the building will be collapsed in-game. It doesn't immediately change to rubble in the editor though. Mainly so you can easily resurrect the building by going through the Ctrl+alt+leftclick cycle again.

No response. I feel stupid. Why doesn't it work?

Nothing happens in the 2D editor with ctrl+shift+left click, alt+ctrl+left click, alt+shift+left click... even combinations with tab or caps doesn´t change anything. right click delete the building.

In the 3D editor ctrl+shift+left click change the balcony, alt+control+ left click change the walls. Also only ctrl. only shift change the wallcolors... its da damn mystery!

Okay, I should have just started up the game in the first place. In the 3D view, it is SHIFT+ALT+LEFT CLICK on the building you want to destroy. Destruction will start with roof, then proceed by floor until it is reduced to complete rubble.

No response. I feel stupid.

Don't feel stupid. Like any new tool, it takes a while to learn the ins and outs of the editor.

I can't really help much more right now because I don't have access to the game. But as I recall it the basic steps are:

* be in the 3D map editor ("3D Preview", or "3D Map Preview", I think it is)

* [something]+[something]+[left-or-right]click on each wall to cycle through the doors/windows options. Go past the 5 windows to the next one, which is rubble, or maybe the one after, which is a clean hole

* repeat that for each wall on each floor

* at the end you be left with a floating roof apparently supported by a spiders web of wall remnants

* exit 3D

* save the scen

To check it has worked correctly

* exit the editor

* play the scen as a battle

* check the building is now rubbled

If success: :)

Else if !success: :(

Edit: or what akd said :)

Word to the wise: when messing about with buildings there are a LOT of [something]+[something]+[left-or-right]click combinations that do various things, including a few where [something]+[left-or-right]click applies the change to one floor, while SHIFT+[something]+[left-or-right]click applies the change to all floors on that side.

I'm sorry but I can't tell you what they all are, or what the combos are - I sort of touch-type them, or muscle-memory them, without looking at the keyboard. But if you mess about with different combinations of ALT, SHIFT, and CTRL and left or right clicks on different parts of a multi-story building you'll get a sense of what options are available. From there it's a small-ish step to at least remembering that the option is available, even if you do have to fumble about a bit before you find it again.

Oh, also, for some of the options Independent buildings are treated differently to Modular ones. Independents, for example, cannot have their windows and doors moved or altered.

• 4 weeks later...