A little quirk i found.

Your proposal on forumites voting on the "worst" perceived bug, Tarquelne, is a noble endeavour, but doomed, I'm sure, to failure.

Those whose most cherished flaw is not addressed will merely spin off into new threads bemoaning the lack of perception of their fellow forumites and so forth ( it may be amusing for BF to watch the treatment they usually receive being meted out to others though ;) ).

I've been on flight sim forums for years (IL2 CloD anyone?), trust me, this place is tame, tame I tell you !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with all problems involving combat, dance really is the best solution.

halthammerzeitd.jpg

But what we really need is for the forumites to vote on the worst realism bug (or lack-of-feature), with the agreement that the item with the most votes will be deemed by those participating to be the most important problem.

I vote for allowing infantry to fire anti-tank rockets from inside structures. It is not a bug, but rather an unfortunate design decision. It would have a very significant impact on the unrealistic dominance of armor in the game -- particularly in urban terrain -- while also being relatively easy to implement compared to other solutions.

Phil Culliton.

You left out the bit that I should have quoted solely:

No one is being kept in the dark to any reasonable definition of the phrase

To which my reply made sense as tanks are too clever by half in towns given the design decision. Arguably BF does not have to point out that its design decisions have some unfortunate side effects and therefore need not put this into its manual. How refreshing though if it had.

The latter half which you did quote did not make sense to my reply. Mea culpa. I should not have quoted it all.

P.S. Thank you for your replies. Agreement seems unlikely! : )

• 2 weeks later...
If you mean "do I have a clue what I'm saying when I talk about programming, because I suspect that you're not understanding the complexities involved behind the scenes", the answer is "yes, as it happens, I do."

Facts not in evidence, your honour.

I do not lie. Least, not about "something dumb like that".

So here's a couple of short lo-fi videos of a simple little dynamic AI for moving company sized groups to seize exciting little crosses on a big green box.

You can have the script, if you really want it. It's very bad, and you'll need pygame as well as the standard Python install to run it, but it's fun to mess around with. ;)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4nffbjrs1v1b/n/New_15th_B_mpg

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5kqpboarzuh1/n/New_15th_A_mpg

(If anyone knows a better file hosting place that doesn't require registration, I'll be delighted to hear it!)

(If anyone knows a better file hosting place that doesn't require registration, I'll be delighted to hear it!)

Drop box. You would have to register and then you can put file in a public folder and share URLs to them (like above) but those of us downloading do not have to register.

Recommending drop box to others give you additional space. So, if you go that way tell them I recommended Drop box to you by registering via this link http://db.tt/IzQN7r4