Jump to content

Gold 1.01 Retreat Function


Recommended Posts

I am in a game were two Chinese corp. behind the northern river line by fortress both retreated on first attack by Japanese. There was no unit switching for multiple attacks. Total northern defense crumbled. Has anyone else experienced such "in my opinion" a ridiculous result?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still on 1.00, but I believe retreats are more a function of morale and readiness, as well as strength. I've seen units that are 4 or 5 strength retreat when an attack is initiated, probably because they were at one or two strength last turn and were only able to reinforce to a limited degree because of low supply.

I can't be totally sure, but most likely their morale and readiness were in the single digit range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I appreciate comments on potential reason for retreat but my occurance was different. To the best of my memory the army at 156/23 was destroyed and Chengchow was captured. Immediately following in the next turn the corp. at 152/21 and 152/22 both with HQ next to them and no prior assualt retreated on first assualt. Both are behind river and in hill. Seems like a good defensive position that should hold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Retreats should only happen when the defender has an entrenchment level = 0 and a strength value <= 5. After that there is still only a 75% chance when in a non city/capital/fortress tile and 25% when in a city/capital/fortress tile.

I've got a few of these turns to take a look at and I found a rare error that caused a unit swap with an enemy unit in this case.

Consider this fixed for the next patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...