British Infantry Shoulder patches

pcelt

Currently the stock British infantry has the 49th West Riding Infantry Div shoulder patches (PolarBear).

May I enquire whether any modders intend producing any alternative divisional shoulder patches for the British infantry. Mord has produced a comprehensive range of portraits depicting all the divs involved------but currently it does not make any visual sense to use any div. inf. portrait except the 49th Inf one which is already. displayed on all the shoulder patches. I have no ill-feelings re the 49th Div but would like some alternative choices like for example 43 Wessex Div (which contained the Duke of Cornwalls Light Infantry-------of Hill 112 ("Cornwall Hill") fame.

Any chance of this or any other "slightly less famous ones"

" pcelt" --surprise surprise --from Cornwall.......

Darknight Canuck--Thank you for your constructive response and I can fully appreciate the time consuming nature (to say nothing re motivation and skill levels) involved in such work.

But if you do find the time I (and Im sure many others too with an historical interest in these units) would greatly appreciate a mod which would facilitate the identification of other significant British infantry divisions like the 43 Wessex within the game.

My gratitude again for your interest and thanks for anything you feel you can implement in the future.

Cheers

Yeah, this will be really cool. MjKerner did patches for EZ's US unis, and Dorosh has done stuff for the Canadians (even though I gave him crap they are very worthwhile). I think the patches/identifiers really add to the immersion when playing battles....you tend to get closer to your troops when they go from generic unis to a specific unit. The history comes more alive and the narrative and battle vignettes become even more engaging.

Looking forward to this Darknight.

Mord.