US Armored Infantry

Scout teams, XO teams, teams which are a bit shattered, teams which you're saving for later, spare teams, bare teams, teams which go boom boom boom. :)

I always try to get the .50 into the fight. It's worth a team out of the firing line to get the Ma Deuce barking.

Ken

The infantry rides into the battle with the half-track and dismounts.

Rats, then no one is operating the MG in the half-track.

What do people do? Use the scout team to get back into the AFV and operate the MG? The AT team?

I once used an otherwise idle jeep driver to man the .50 in an HT. That worked okay.

Michael

Actually, HTs (in real life) weren't really supposed to get more than 800m or so from the front line. Their papier mache armor made them vulnerable to EVERYTHING. Really all they're good for is helping infanry avoid mortar splinters during the ride up. Of course 800m is well inside the range of the hvy .50 cal which make them good for laying down covering fire on distant buildings outside of small arms range.

You do find occassional references to HTs charging into the enemy position guns blazing, but usually those anecdote are of the "Those guys must be crazy!" variety. :)

You in 'ol Worcester eh? I'm hang'n in Holden!! Oh yea, just throw a MG ammo slave dude in there. Or a sole survivor of a squad or something. you up for a game? My other two opponents seem to have bailed on me since CW was released. Are we the only two in C-Mass? Just wondering.

Later man, Kurt

Nice Mexican restaurant you have in your town.

And I have a patient in Wachusett Extended Care.

I have only played against the AI. Not sure if I am ready to play PBEM--mostly I do this to relax.

The reason for my original post is the scenario "A Strange Awakening"

-----------------------doubt this is really a spoiler...but will alert anyway.

As the Ami, one has a number of thin skinned AFVs, and I am having a lot of fun experimenting with them. Only about 1/2 way through, but so much nicer than fighting in bocage, and trying to survive in one big enemy kill zone. (C and F) Also, the patch seems to have made numerous improvements.