Barrel model glitch for some CW tanks?

Hey, guys. I stumbled on something that may be a model glitch on the barrels of some Allied CW tanks. It looks like perhaps the artist finished the barrel model, but maybe hit a key on the keyboard by accident without noticing and thereby cut off the bottom of the barrel. Then, perhaps that base model was propagated to the various tanks that use that particular barrel.

Anyway, there is a screenshot:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75956955@N08/6817313744/sizes/z/in/photostream/

Are others seeing this?

Hey, guys. I stumbled on something that may be a model glitch on the barrels of some Allied CW tanks.

Macisle, my friend, never underestimate the Brits ability to field the wierdest looking sh*t possible.

I suspect tankgeezer is right and the additional mass at the muzzle is some sort of counterweight to mitigate the combination of a short barrel, lack of any brake and the stresses produced by firing a "large" caliber round. Perhaps one of our UK friends will drop in and help us out.