What happens to the mods in my Z folder?

Not sure about everyone else but I will be installing the base game into a new directory and then adding the module to it. I will be doing that because I have 5 PBEM games currently on the go that I will play using my current install. Yes, over time I will negotiate with my opponents to convert over to the new version but there is always one that does not want to and another one that will not convert. That is what happened with the patch (most opponents and games converted no problem).

So, given that I will keep my current install (with all my mods) intact and then create a new install for the CW module. What I plan to do is make sure everything works sans mods. Then I will copy the various mods over a few at a time and verify that they still work.

Pretty much the only mods that will cause a conflict ( and sometimes a crash ) are mods that change strings.txt

The most obvious example of this is the Vinart animated text mod.

Remove this mod before installing either Commonwealth module or v1.10 patch, and load the new version when it's issued.

My Commonwealth module is running quite happily with all my mods and several others just left in the z folder.