Wargame European

It's criminal that such an amazing engine is wasted on this game (in my opinion). If you check most videos they are necessarily looking at an overview due to the realtime requirement for quick response and are missing out on all the amazing detail. The videos I've seen may as well be 2d icon games because of the need for overall intelligence in such a fast paced game.

It's a staple of these type of crossovers that it leaves you wishing that the developers could get together with the CM crew and lend their astonishingly fast and smooth engine to the level of tech detail that combat mission has. *sigh*

There are so many ridiculous things like infantry running at 30mph and tanks roaring through hedges and WOODS that make me wonder what the heck the devs were thinking and yet I look at the graphics and drool at the thought that some semblance of reality could be brought to the game and we'd have CMx8.

Ocasionally burning tank with screeming crew members jumping out on fire will definately immerse you into the battle rather than just some off animation where they jump out like it is some kind of excercise.

LOL I am actually headed the opposite way, hearing some of the screaming in CM has made me consider editing my own audio, that level of realism I don't need. More brutal graphics and audio of injured personnel isn't high on my list for additions to the game...

It's criminal that such an amazing engine is wasted on this game (in my opinion). If you check most videos they are necessarily looking at an overview due to the realtime requirement for quick response and are missing out on all the amazing detail. The videos I've seen may as well be 2d icon games because of the need for overall intelligence in such a fast paced game.

It's a staple of these type of crossovers that it leaves you wishing that the developers could get together with the CM crew and lend their astonishingly fast and smooth engine to the level of tech detail that combat mission has. *sigh*

There are so many ridiculous things like infantry running at 30mph and tanks roaring through hedges and WOODS that make me wonder what the heck the devs were thinking and yet I look at the graphics and drool at the thought that some semblance of reality could be brought to the game and we'd have CMx8.

I'm sure it will be modded to add some realism too it by someone....

I don't know what you guys are talking about, it's not very fast paced at all. The maps are massive and it takes a couple minutes just to move reinforcements to the front lines.

Of course, I managed to get to the gold league in Starcraft 2, so that might bias my opinion. You could play an entire SC2 match in the time it takes for the battle to actually get going in this game.

Wargames is actually quite fun and not nearly as fast paced as some of you believe it is. It's up to 8 player simultaneous has a ton of factions and yes you actually have to take into account the terrain as you gain modifiers for certain types. I love combat mission and will play what actually happens to be quite a good game in wargames escalation. Don't knock it til you try it.