Visualy pleasing open ground? / Exit objective without points manipulation?

Pandur

2 more specific questions, that are worth a new thread in case others search this therms.

fast and simple;

1. i want a exit objective to be able to exit friendly units that suffer from one or more of the following things, ammo empty, to much battle damage but still able to move, HTs with lost gunners, whole platoon and companys that are to battered to go on. stuff like that.

simply i want a dump to remove units by sending them back to assembly area represented with exit objective. it should not manipulate points! i dont want me or the enemy to get any points for exit, this is purely cosmetical and for practical reason.

EDIT: i read about new exit obj in manual, but it didnt answer my question :(

2. i somehow had no prob makeing open ground in CMSF looking good and it had lots of open, but a see of endless green doesnt look nice in CMBN. and i somehow lack creativety to make it better without removeing the opening as this is important for gamplay and here for good measure, although it looks ugly :D

some got an idea?

the thing is its "open ground" and as soon as i place any of these in quanities it qualifies no longer as open. and i have some elevation there already. i guess i have to leave it for now. i go post some WIP screens next, but i dont think this area is seen on them.

it should simply be a madow, like 300meters. its a homage to CMx1 problem No1. how do i cross 300+m of open under, if even only sporadic, fire. CMx1 Mg´s where quiet a different beast, i see how it turns out when i playtest first time.

id still like to know about the exit objective as this is rather important. the player will accumulate lots of useless units over time i want him to be able to get rid off.

the thing is its "open ground" and as soon as i place any of these in quanities it qualifies no longer as open. and i have some elevation there already. i guess i have to leave it for now. i go post some WIP screens next, but i dont think this area is seen on them.

it should simply be a madow, like 300meters. its a homage to CMx1 problem No1. how do i cross 300+m of open under, if even only sporadic, fire. CMx1 Mg´s where quiet a different beast, i see how it turns out when i playtest first time.

id still like to know about the exit objective as this is rather important. the player will accumulate lots of useless units over time i want him to be able to get rid off.

Open ground: insert patches of yellow grass and mud. That makes things look a lot more interesting. :)

Re:exit objectives: just don't assign a "Destroy" objective for the other side and no points will be awarded or taken away for exiting any units.

Some tiles blend nicely. Others look like square patches. Some flatten and even out the ground shape around them (like for placing under houses or bridge-ends to prevent drop-off), other terrain tiles roll with the elevation.

The trick is to know the characteristic trait of the tiles and how to best blend them.

exit objectives: just don't assign a "Destroy" objective for the other side and no points will be awarded or taken away for exiting any units.

sweet! exactly what i wanted! i feared the exit objective only works when points are asigned.

hm, the mud could go, i placed some rocky now as this would fit the area. yellow grass just doesnt fit in a fresh and green looking uncultivated early summer meadow, however i will try out the yellow grass and see.