"The Farm" Tournament - Round 2

The official emails will be on their way shortly. Round 2 of the tournament will conclude on 21 March, 45 days from today.

The match-ups are as follows:

Bracket 1:

German : American

Felix_45 : Cogust

eniced : berto

Javaslinger : Wreck

poesel71 : Zebulon Pleasure Beast II

Bracket 2:

German : American

funkeesax : Odin

sluggo337 : Wartooth

~Viajero : dan/california

Mike Churchmoor : sfhand

I have estimated that I need 357 more posts like the ones above with slight innuendo and/or clues about the scenario so I can have a fully 100% accurate picture of what and where my opponent troops are. :D

That's what, about 8/day between now and the deadline? That's a pretty tall order. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for everyone still playing. I've gotten two sets of results, and it is painfully obvious that I screwed up something in the victory conditions, as points are not being awarded for enemy losses as they should be. This makes ties rather likely, which is not at all good in a bracket tournament. Thus I will have to make judgement calls based on losses; to this end, please send me a screenshot of the scoring screen when you are done. Hopefully this will not cause too many problems. My sincere apologies for the oversight and resultant confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

Rounds 3 and 4 will be played using v1.10, either as included in the Commonwealth module or the freestanding patch. Ongoing round 2 games should be completed with v1.01 to avoid technical difficulties.

BTW, I've been busy the last few days and haven't had a chance to respond to a few emails and such; if you reported results in the last week and I haven't gotten back to you, don't worry, I'll get you a confirmation shortly.

Status update: We are 12 days from completion of Round 2. There are three games still being played:

Bracket 1

poesel71 v. Zebulon Pleasure Beast II

Bracket 2

funkeesax v. Odin

~Viajero v. dan/california

One of these is inactive because a player has disappeared; it will be resolved be default if necessary.

One week to go. Still two open games:

Bracket 1

poesel71 v. Zebulon Pleasure Beast II

Bracket 2

funkeesax v. Odin

Again, one game is inactive and will likely be a default, so we have only one game left actively running. Please get this wrapped up on time so we can move along to Round 3 as planned.

Just a note for everyone, we will continue from here on out with v1.10. If the patch for non-CW users has not yet been released when we are ready for Round 3, I will make a determination at that point as to how and when we will proceed.

OK, just got word that the other unfinished game is also inactive due to one player disappearing. So here's the deal -

Zebulon Pleasure Beast II and funkeesax: You have until Sunday 18 March to contact me and your respective opponent and resume play or you will forfeit the current round. Failing that, Round 2 will conclude on Monday and I will post results and begin preparations for Round 3.

I have strong doubts that either game can be concluded in the remaining time, but I want to make sure I have given every opportunity to all players.