Communication's what you need if you wanna be a Radio Operator

A funny thing happened on the way to the battle:

My Platoon HQ lost their Radio Operator to a rogue bullet. The other two HQ members left the poor chap (along with his radio) behind. The whole platoon is now out of contact with Company HQ (as is expected).

Shortly afterwards Squad 1 tend to the poor radio operator and collect his radio. They then return to within a few feet of the platoon HQ, yet the entire platoon is still out of contact with company HQ.

Now, maybe the radio is broken? But if not, shouldn't there be a way to regain communications with Company HQ in this situation?

I had a forward observer team leader that picked up the rad op's radio and they stayed in comms alright.

Kinda the same with team B mortar round bearers. You can put them next to another mortar tube but they don't like to share? I tried to test this and I'm pretty sure the tube didn't benefit from extra rounds even though the A tube was knocked out.

I had a forward observer team leader that picked up the rad op's radio and they stayed in comms alright.

Kinda the same with team B mortar round bearers. You can put them next to another mortar tube but they don't like to share? I tried to test this and I'm pretty sure the tube didn't benefit from extra rounds even though the A tube was knocked out.

It's so hard to use a team's own radio, that I wouldn't waste effort trying to use some other team's radio.