Out of c2

Well, from the screenie, 2nd Platoon HQ is out of touch with C Company, but it is in touch with 1st Battalion. This explains how it gets artillery.

Now, I am not sure how it is in touch with 1st Battalion. This should not be if there is no radio, except if 1st battalion HQ is in the battle, and it is in contact somehow. I don't see any other HQ unit in your screenie, but it may still be in the battle. Is 1st battalion HQ in the battle and in LOS of 2nd Platoon HQ?

Well, from the screenie, 2nd Platoon HQ is out of touch with C Company, but it is in touch with 1st Battalion. This explains how it gets artillery.

Now, I am not sure how it is in touch with 1st Battalion. This should not be if there is no radio, except if 1st battalion HQ is in the battle, and it is in contact somehow. I don't see any other HQ unit in your screenie, but it may still be in the battle. Is 1st battalion HQ in the battle and in LOS of 2nd Platoon HQ?

That green dot means does not mean that the Platoon HQ is in contact with the Batt HQ, it means that the Coy HQ is in contact with the Batt HQ.

So you think bug too akd?

This is a known game limitation. If a unit has a qualified observer in it, it is always able to access indirect assets, regardless of its own C2 or radio status. OUT-OF-CONTACT on an asset has nothing to do with the currently selected spotter.

C2 or radio status does matter for on-map indirect assets, however. If the asset is not in C2 to an HQ with a radio, or isn't nearby a vehicle with a radio, then you will see OUT-OF-CONTACT in the artillery menu.