Sound Files

para

hello all

I have created some sound(American voices)files and have placed them in the z folder but during the game the voices and phrases are not being played. Anyone able to give me some pointers on why this might be please?

the files are.wav and they are in the casualty and chatter folders. I used Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod V_1.0A.

I removed both his casualty and chatter folders and replaced them with my casualty and chatter folders.

Surely this should work? like for like etc....

Did you make sure they were at the right bit rate and sample rate (PCM, 16 bit, 44khz, mono)?

Are you still hearing my sounds or are they back to stock sounds?

Make sure you remove my casualty files/folders completely out of the data folder not just the z folder.

Mord.

Did you make sure they were at the right bit rate and sample rate (PCM, 16 bit, 44khz, mono)?

Are you still hearing my sounds or are they back to stock sounds?

Make sure you remove my casualty files/folders completely out of the data folder not just the z folder.

Mord.

Yeah moved the two folder completely out of the area. Mmm not sure how I would check the bit rat,sample rate. Further tips from you Mord would be helpful. Do you know of a free program that i can use to check them with? I have a ton of new sounds I would like to convert for CMBN including English voices.

Yeah, I still use XP so sound recorder works fine for changing bit rates and all that jazz but apparently it's different for Windows 7 and you can't edit (you know, because idiot Microsoft always has to break things that work whenever they want to "improve" the computing experience).

Anyway, I PMed you my email, para, so send me whatever you wish and I'll help you out with it. We'll get your stuff working.

Mord.

Yeah, I still use XP so sound recorder works fine for changing bit rates and all that jazz but apparently it's different for Windows 7 and you can't edit (you know, because idiot Microsoft always has to break things that work whenever they want to "improve" the computing experience).

Anyway, I PMed you my email, para, so send me whatever you wish and I'll help you out with it. We'll get your stuff working.

Mord.

What surprise I have W7 :(

anyway I am using sound files which were originally in .smf format.

I have managed to convert them using a handy converter called SMFConvert to .wav files but they still do not seem to work when I place them in game.

I renamed the newly converted .wav files to american casualty 0, 1, 3, etc.

I then removed your casualty sound files and placed them in your mod folder 'immersive voices' folder inside the casualty folder.

I started the game and let the GI's get slaughtered but it just seems to revert to the vanilla voices..

cheers Mord

ps I think these voices mixed in with yours could increase the variation of voices and phrases.

pps I have a whole stack of voices,American,Brit,Canadian phrases,aircraft flyovers,sirens,bells etc etc and ambient noises but they are all in this annoying.smf format

Checked them out and fixed them...everything was way off...bit rate was 4, khz was 22, and format was some weird IMA ADPCM...so they never had a chance. Everything should be good to go for you now.

Anything that can be mixed with my voice mod is a good thing for variation. I really wish I could've gotten people to act for me but alas no one has ever come through. But variety definitely adds to the game play experience.

If you change all those others over to wavs I can help you get them in the right format to play in CMBN. Just send me the files as you fix them and I'll get do what I can for you.

Mord.

There are a few free ones online mate..I will have a google and send you the links

Cheers Wodin

Got a heap of new sounds/phrases and have been talking to Mord and swapping a few files between us. I did a casualty(profanity) set but couldn't get it to work, Mord re-converted them but the voices, although worked, were far too quiet and barely audible.

He is now looking in to increasing the volume.