Balancing

Pretty much. I have recognized there is a possibility for an all out French defense, but I haven't been able to test it yet.

I have a model set up, but time as it is, precludes me from refining it. One thing is, for anyone who wants to try it, you'll have to include a major UK committment and an immediate naval strike on Italy, upon entry, as assets from Africa will need to be deployed in France. Just remember an astute Axis player may recognize the opportunity for Sealion.:eek:

The best I can suggest at this point is make him pay. I've been successful at terminating a couple of armies and and panzer formation, but it usually results in a little quicker collapse. Your decision.:cool:

I think reorganizing french units played a role in the early demise of the French as there was little to no losses for the Germans when facing the first line of defense. I didn't have to restrengthen for a turn, and was able to avoid the snow as a result.

What you don't see here obviously, are the heavy losses Germany took the next turn securing Paris, self destructing the front line tank unit to do it. But the French Navy looked to be up to no good in the Med and British troops lining up on the Libyan border persuaded me that the loss was going to be worth much more then if the French Navy got that one kamikazee turn against Italy.

There are no easy answers to this.

One would need to know what happened in all turns before.

But than, on the other hand, if my opponent pays lots of money to prepare an early attack on france, he won't have the same money to invest in techs or diplo chits.

Just look what happened and develop your way to counter at another place.

Btw.:

today i think France and the UK (or maybe all western allies) should have their National Moral to a certain kind connected.

Horrible French losses should affect the UK, and vice versa.

Or these losses should affect the diplomatic percantages of neutral countries.

Wasting french navies just because they will surrender next turn should be punished (i'm not saying that in this game anything was wasted, this is more a general statement).

Dragon regularly destroys France by this point. He is a master player but its still a bit fast - for example this makes it possible to get Italy in and hit North Africa before UK gets some reinforcements (eg Long range desert Group).

In Gold I'd give France upgraded armour.

There are no easy answers to this.

One would need to know what happened in all turns before.

There aren't that much turns before. I am talking about January 1940!! Yes Chris has always good wheather so far and attack as fast as possible.

First turn > Poland surrender

Second Turn > Reorganising

Third Turn > Taking LC

Fourth and Fifth turn taking France (No Rain)

That is it.

Not sure but I play SC from the very beginning. I am a bit disapointed cause I suppose that is a balancing issue.

@Colin: The french tank was hit by 2 German tanks in a row. He lost one but free Paris.

@Chris: Maybe reorganize could play a small role but you destroy nearly all units. There isn't much space. Maybe 1 turn more.