Sniper destroys jeep and 6 X 6.

Naw, it's just Clint Eastwood on the rifle. He targeted a wire, dropped that on the battery to create a short, and then hit the gas tank at an angle so it would spray fuel on the terminals, and she went right up.

Stupid Axis, picking a fight with the side that had Clint Eastwood and John Wayne.

And German vehicles are ridiculously tough - in a current battle, a German truck drove into the firing line of my .50 cal HMG. It took 3 bursts and reversed away, apparently still working !

the funny thing is that i experienced a similar event in a pbem but with a american jeep. madmikes halftrack mg (german) fired around ten burst at my US jeep (around 300m range) and the jeep still keeps on driving and no passenger is hurt... :)

the funny thing is that i experienced a similar event in a pbem but with a american jeep. madmikes halftrack mg (german) fired around ten burst at my US jeep (around 300m range) and the jeep still keeps on driving and no passenger is hurt... :)

Right, I still remember that one .. quite infuriating.

If I wasn't already mad before, this one would certainly have done the trick. ;)

Seems to have been around for a while ;)

In a current CMBB battle, a Russian truck has shrugged off the attentions of my tank's MG ( doesn't seem to want to fire HE at it :( ) for almost 2 turns now.

It's funny really, considering how ...permeable... to bullets the houses are in CMBN, but not the soft-skinned vehicles.

Seems to have been around for a while ;)

In a current CMBB battle, a Russian truck has shrugged off the attentions of my tank's MG ( doesn't seem to want to fire HE at it :( ) for almost 2 turns now.

It's funny really, considering how ...permeable... to bullets the houses are in CMBN, but not the soft-skinned vehicles.

Oh, I beg to differ. Soft-skinned vehicles are quite permeable to bullets. Fully load a 6x6 truck with infantry, fire an MG at it and watch how quickly the passengers take casualties.

However, it can take quite a few shots to completely knock out a soft-skin vehicle, and this is not surprising to me. There's an awful lot of "empty space" in a 6x6 truck, which bullets will pass right through without causing any real damage to the vehicle. And even perforations to some of the larger engine/drivetrain components wouldn't stop the vehicle right away -- you can put multiple bullet holes in the radiator or oil pan, and the engine will still run for a mile or two.

Vehicles blowing up after a few bullet hits is largely a Hollywood thing. IRL, hits from ordinary lead bullets rarely cause a vehicle explosion or even a fire, even if they perforate the fuel tank.

Also, in regards to your CMBB experience, it's worth remembering that the Death Clock feature may be at work there.