Elevation

Hey there....

I'm quite new to this, but I've already thought several times, in game, that it would be really useful to have a toggle on, toggle off, for contour lines. Topo'map style.

Then I noticed in the manual that in the map editor you create elevation by simply drawing contour lines.

It doesn't, at least on the face of it, seem like it would be difficult to translate a feature that exists in the editor into something quite useful during play?

Unless it's actually there and I've missed it?

IMO, I dont see how useful seeing the actual contour lines when you can actually see the physicial elevation.

for example contour lines are supposed to represent a height. many may represent a valley or a hill. Dont really need them when you can actually see there is a valley of a hill there :P

That just hasn't always been my experience.

There are subtleties of light and shadow, etc.... that happen in a real world environment that give a whole slew of extra clues when physically evaluating slope and elevation that aren't modeled, or aren't modeled well in game.

As I said, and maybe it's just me, I've already thought several times that it would be useful.

And, not only do 3 dimensional contour graphs exist, they're also extremely useful.