Emergency arty missions

I have come to the conclusion that I never use emergency arty missions. Maybe I'm "afraid" that the lack of spotting rounds will decrease accuracy too much.

What are your experiences using the emergency mission?

Is there an added shock to troops exposed to an emergency mission as all hell breaks out without a warning?

A human opponent can use the spotting rounds to determine your intended target and either spread his infantry out or hide them in good cover, so in that sense yeah. But I wouldn't do it unless the place was crawling with enemies or you were certain to be overrun so accuracy wouldn't matter.

I second that about emergency artillery. The last time I'll ever use it I was doing fairly well holding off an attack, but since the pressure on my troops was pretty heavy I used emergency instead of heavy. When the artillery hit it was devastating. To FRIENDLY troops. Enemy positions were unscathed. Emergency fire can simply go way too far off target to make it useable.

I wouldn't use it even if getting overrun.

Jyri

Someone did a comparison test and emergency arty is not just inaccurate, it's woefully inaccurate - like, hundreds of meters off target levels of inaccuracy. I wouldn't use it unless you've got no friendlies anywhere remotely close and are basically getting overrun.

Which puts one on the horns of a dilemma. If one is being overrun, then your troops are going to be close to the enemy's.

Seems to me the time to use EAM is well before one is being overrun, but when overwhelming force is obviously on the way.

Michael

Someone did a comparison test and emergency arty is not just inaccurate, it's woefully inaccurate - like, hundreds of meters off target levels of inaccuracy. I wouldn't use it unless you've got no friendlies anywhere remotely close and are basically getting overrun.

Interesting note in the armchair general video, he comments he only uses with a trp.

Interesting note in the armchair general video, he comments he only uses with a trp.

Yeah, that was something I was going to mention. With a TRP it should fall on target. The remaining question would be whether the TRP would be in a useful location, but that's something that applies to the placement of TRPs in any case.

Michael