Vista drops OpenGL support

Hello,

Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate. Everything seems to be working fine except CMBB. Anyone having problems with the game (CMBB) freezing after the movie runs while you are moving troops. I get a ding then a freeze. Thought it might be a video card issue (NVideo 6800GTX)so I turned off Aero and put CM in XP compatability mode...still no joy! Tried numerous combinations of one thing on something else off. Any help or sugesstions would be appreciated...thanks!

Originally posted by rune:

Redwolf is correct, and CMSF uses opengl which is running under vista, but not as fast as my xp computers.

Rune

How significant is the speed difference? I will soon buy a new computer and plan on playing CMx2 games ALOT.

Originally posted by rune:

Different hardware, so can't really say. Also beta code has debug tools in it, and the final version always run faster.

Rune

So would you say the difference is not that great and may be insignificant in the release version of Vista?