Mod Request: Dirty Explosion

Mord

Were there explosion mods for CMSF? If so, maybe they would work with CMBN?
Yes there were and yes they do. For the life of me I cannot find the explosions mod I carried over from CMSF to CMBN in the repository or on Greenasjade's site. Essentially, the muted textures appear as if Fuser got his hands on Scipio's original explosion textures.;)

That said, I did turn up some work by Paul Gulianelli, whose first rate smoke and tracer mods also function in CMBN.

Edited to add: Ah, it looks like Vein may have solved the mystery before I posted...

There is a quick flash and then dust.

That looks promising...did you ever release that? I've tried all the explosion mods that are available from CMSF on up...and all are nice, just would like something more subdued.

Always liked this one from Malakovski from CMBB (don't know how'd it go over when a vehicle blew up though...but it is really cool!)

malakovskisdirtybombzip.jpg

Mord.

The pro effects smoke is xnt, much less dense than the default. And and the tracer is good. (And I already had a mod for those, but I like the pro effects more.)

Don't think I've seen an explosion yet so can't comment on that one. But, I used to use Scipio's stuff in CMSF so I know they are all good. I have Scipio's flames and muzzle fire already in CMBN.

• 1 year later...