Latest from me

John Kettler

Hello, all!

Am sad I don't have the new Normandy game or the rig to run it, but progress is being made in other areas: have a hot blog under my name, an exciting E-book in multiple distribution channels (great reviews on my site, but tech probs with same on the big "A.") and am even up on FB, the last being something I'd frankly once have deemed inconceivable. But then, I once felt that way about cell phones, too. Now, I feel naked if I forget it. And, yes, I know the miseries of the forgotten charger on a weekend visit!

My Forever War foe is on the mend, after NG CavScout got shot in the line of duty (cop IRL), and it's no longer murderously hot here in Texas. Instead, we had two weeks of fall, followed by instant bitterly cold, windy, misty winter, followed by more like cold and nasty. It now appears we'll get some rain here (down 13" from normal September-September total), but we're still on heavy duty water restrictions.

I hope to get back into wargaming at some point, Red Cross lamentations notwithstanding, but am concentrating on doing what'll a) keep me housed in the short term and B) allow me to prosper in the longer term. In truth, wargaming uses an entirely different set of neurons and requires much more concentration for me than does writing, an area in which I've even learned how to do proper SEO (search engine optimization) in my blog posts.

Farewell for now.

Regards,

John Kettler

Always nice to be missed. I fear whatever combat edge I once had in CM is rather dull these days, but as you'll see from my blog, it seems to have found a more fertile pasture, one in which I marshal and maneuver words, not troops. Easier on the brain, too, for there is so much less to keep track of when thus engaged.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 4 weeks later...

Sixxkiller,

If you and the others read my two most recent posts on my blog, you may find yourselves "not in Kansas anymore." The truth really IS stranger than fiction. I feel as though I'm living in that Dali painting with the melting watch. If you thought "Kettlerian" was funny, prepare to be totally freaked out by the latest usage of my name, and this one's official. Were my sources not absolutely proven rock solid, even I wouldn't believe it.

dieseltaylor,

Haven't even seen a demo of CM:BN, but it seems like you're having some sort of PTSD reaction to it. I think KR's idea is sound and therapeutic, too. Please don't leave.

Affentitten,

We've won a victory of sorts here on food supplements, but that's about all I dare say because of Forum Rules. Also, The Extinction Protocol has a most interesting discussion of Monsanto's woes. Seems the GMO super corn has engendered both super weeds and super pests, and yields are down to boot!

KR,

Bravo Zulu!

Regards,

John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...