Combat Mission Shock Force and Zone Alarm

Frasier

I've used Zone Alarm for over 10 years. At one point I had it working with CMSF.

Recently went to a multiple hard disk system, couldn't get CMSF to work, so I tried it Windows XP and MacAfee just by chance.

But wanted it on my windows 7 64 bit system that was using Zone Alarm. I tried all the fixes with DEP UAC, etc., installed, uninstalled at least ten times trying various things. Finally as a last resort I unistalled Zone Alarm and put MacAfee on, bingo.

If anyone out there knows the trick to getting it to work with Zone Alarm, it would be worth posting for others.

Had just gotten back into CMSF after getting CMBN. No other games are even close to these.

If there isn't a CMSF fix for Zone Alarm, I'd recommend Battlefront tell people up front it's a no go with Zone Alarm.

For the 'free firewall' the ZoneAlarm Toolbar is the culprit.

If you're using a paid/commercial version of ZoneAlarm that does more than perform a firewall function, then you may need to disable more (the 'ZoneAlarm Toolbar' doesn't exist separately for these programs). I believe (but can't recall exactly) that disabling the 'Web Security' may allow eLicense games like CMSF to work. CMBN uses a different copy protection system and it isn't affected in the same way as the eLicense games are.