Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Vehicle models question

Seeing that by the time CMBN is finished we'll have a good portion of all the major vehicles, tanks, and guns in the ETO, are you guys gonna reuse those models in The Bulge title? Can they be ported in to save time on production? Or are you gonna design models again, from scratch?

Mord.

I don't forsee major changes with the Bulge title that would prevent using the current models. Uniforms will be updated and there should be a few new vehicles. The terrain, houses and snow will all be major changes. Fire will probably come with the Bulge title (I suspect it will NOT make it into CMBN at this point).

Fire as in projected fire by chance?

Fire will probably come with the Bulge title (I suspect it will NOT make it into CMBN at this point).

It would be more than a tad ironic that fire is introduced with the Bulge module considering it is set in the dead of winter when the likelihood of fire spreading is diminished to the greatest extent.

Part of the fun of the original CMx1 games was taking the risk of stationing troops in a wheatfield when explosions could set off a fire and cause then to run out. Same situation with buildings on fire which could suddenly flare up and require all troops to evacuate, often into the teeth of an opponents defences. It appears such occurences will be sadly missed in the current Combat Mission game set in the summer & autumn months.

:(

Regards

KR

I don't forsee major changes with the Bulge title that would prevent using the current models. Uniforms will be updated and there should be a few new vehicles. The terrain, houses and snow will all be major changes. Fire will probably come with the Bulge title (I suspect it will NOT make it into CMBN at this point).

Reusing the models would definitely be a smart move...would probably save a lot of time for Dan & Co.

As far as terrain...I imagine they'll keep a lot of what we have as far as ground choices, re-texture some of it to fit the region and add some new choices, such as you said, snow and the like...and of course some different trees. Gonna need both winter and spring textures because of the time period covered.

Thanks for the answer...(I am gonna cross my fingers, and legs, and eyes, and heart, and anything else hoping we'll see fire before we leave France and Holland).

Mord.

Won't that make trips to the bathroom a little awkward?

:D

Michael

We asked his maid and she just shook her head and said that wouldn't present any difficulty for him (with a look of sheer disgust). She then muttered something about "that damned game".

As we left we noticed she keeps a lot of cleaner available for the upholstery.

It would be more than a tad ironic that fire is introduced with the Bulge module considering it is set in the dead of winter when the likelihood of fire spreading is diminished to the greatest extent.

Part of the fun of the original CMx1 games was taking the risk of stationing troops in a wheatfield when explosions could set off a fire and cause then to run out. Same situation with buildings on fire which could suddenly flare up and require all troops to evacuate, often into the teeth of an opponents defences. It appears such occurences will be sadly missed in the current Combat Mission game set in the summer & autumn months.

:(

Regards

KR

The title is set in the dead of winter, however the game family (similar to CMBN) should cover a more extended period. It would seem likely from October 1944 to May 1945. The assumption being based on nothing more than that CMBN will likely cover up to September, maybe October 1944 and there has been no mention of any further Western front family. I would doubt we will see VG division TOEs prior to the Bulge module for example unless BFC decides the period should also cover the Huertgen fighting thus creating some probably unnecessary overlap.

That should give plenty of opportunity for experiencing the effects of fire in a more.. flammable environment assuming that they are able to actually work through the issues of fires spreading etc.